Demure
    Participant
    @demure

My tattoo is going to range from around $550-$650 or so I’ve been told… Am I supposed to tip the artist who does it or no?

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

i guess if you are overly happy about it then yeah you can and i guess it would be appreciated but i dont think it is expected at all

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

You don’t have to tip the artist, T’s right it would be appreciated, but it is not necessary to do so. The price is usually the full payment that the owner of the shop and the artist are happy with. Good Luck!

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

😮 Persoanly I think artists price work accordingly and would be quite confused if they were tipped, although I’ve never heard of anyone in business turning down free cash so I don’t think they’d knock the offer back.

Oi Shorty/ Satan, stop corrupting these innocent punters into forking out even more cash…………………always on the make eh???:D

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

I’ve read around… apparently it’s an American thing! Who’da thunk?

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

tipping is most certainly an american thing. in the UK for instance a waitress is paid a full wage and i will not tip them unless they provide some sort of good service. if its just heres your food and here’s the bill they dont get a tip. but in the states from my understanding tipping makes up part of a waiter or waitresses actual full time wage which is not always great on my opinion. i bought an incredibly overpriced beer in new orleans once and got told “yeah and we always tip over here jack” while having a tip jar shoved under my nose.

well my name aint jack and i dont tip assholes

that didnt go down too well though:D

tattooing is a different animal altogetyer though and i think you can pretty much guarantee worldwide that the price you are quoted is what they expect to get paid. more they wont turn down but less i think you might have a problem with

anyways good luck with choosing your tattooist.

Wolfie Girl
    Participant
    @wolfie-girl

I tip every time but again it’s an American thing i think. I saw a great sign once online that read:
    You’ll tip a waiter that brings you food you’ll just crap out in a few hours.
    Why wouldn’t you tip your tattoo artist who’s giving you an art piece for a lifetime.

It went something like that 🙂

phil_104
    Participant
    @phil_104

I went for my first tattoo about a week ago and I gave him a heavy tip. The reason is that my artist has a very good reputation, is one of the only guys around that speaks french like me, and I get along with him. So by giving him a tip, I am thanking him for not only a great tattoo, but an awsome tattoo experience. I also feel that doing this makes him happy, and will make him want to work as well on my second piece, and third, and fourth….because I intend on getting many.

I dunno, imo, if someone just created art on you, that will last for ever, why not give a tip?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.