endersby_d
    @

I had a portrait done of my 6 year old daughter on my chest yesterday. The tattoo was done in black with shading but looks so dark she is not really recognisable. is this normal and will it lighten during the healing process to make the shadin more natural e.t.c. I’d appreciate any info or shared experiences.

mrsG
    @

Yea, once it’s peeling and healing more, it’ll look a lot better! When I first got my tattoo, it was really dark a few days after… But now, it’s been about 4 months, and the colors are still vibrant, but not as dark… If that makes sense. But I wouldn’t worry about it, it’s a fresh tattoo… It will be regular//normal when it’s all healed.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Absolutely impossible to say for sure, Colours tend to deepen/darken then become lighter as they healout. Black and grey could well do, they will definately be quite distinctive if only done yesterday.
    If you have a picture to put up maybe?
    Whatever, you have it now and will have to be patient until it heals. I’d like to see it though, I love modern portraits.

ZoeAimee
    Participant
    @zoeaimee

That is very normal, they have to make it dark because it fades alot so if they don’t it will just look odd.
    I had this done some months ago

ink-1.jpg

and it looks like this now

l_2d95bc757eef0bba34da4c926901476b.jpg

So unless it’s REALLY dark then you have no problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.