earthlover
    Participant
    @earthlover

I’ve had my tattoo for like a week and it is all peeled off now (except for a few spots), its black and it looks like the color is sort of clouding over, although the pictures don’t show it. i was wondering has any of your tattoos gone thru a second peeling?
    and it also looks like theres little spots that need to be filled in…. and its still really red, i’ve been butting on the h2ocean stuff my artist gave me.

what do you think?
    i can’t really see the little spots unless i’m like looking from far away.

HPIM0841.jpg

thanks guys.
    a peace sign means a lot to me. it always has and always will.
    i don’t think its cliche at all, not a spur of the moment thing.

i’m big on peace.
    its right on my left hip…

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Second peeling is normal

tallcoolone
    Participant
    @tallcoolone

The color looks cloudy because the artist went too deep and you have scar tissue. It will probably look grey instead of black when it has finished healing. The picture shows that you have scabs, which is not supposed to happen with a good tattoo.
    Trust me, I am covered in them and have gotten both good and bad ones. It is red because it is starting to get infected.
    Wash it 2-3 times a day with yellow dial soap and water, then let it air dry for about 30 minutes, then put a thin layer of A&D ointment on it and wear something so it can continue to get air. When it feels smooth and has stopped peeling, switch to a fragrance free lotion and apply it anytime the tat feels dry or itches. Best of luck.

tallcoolone
    Participant
    @tallcoolone

I forgot to tell you to wash it gently and make sure to rinse it gently, but make sure all the soap is rinsed off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.