scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Reading stuff in mags doesn’t equate to the reality of the everyday street studio so………We are having a huge interest in stars, I’m unaware of the reason but hey……….. Stars it is. New school stuff is not catching on in my opinion, more so with women if anything, not with the majority.

So, whats new, what ya doing new. Anything coming out the creative scene?
    The biomechanical stuff interested me for ages but loses its edge once healed from what I’ve seen.
    Anyone?

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Well were doing alot of portraits, and alot of symbols and lettering. Seems everyone around here (Wisconsin) is expecting a loved one to die, I know that sounds weird but that’s what it seems. Alot of sentemental stuff. The new school theme is going ok, when I have something in mind I really want to do I have to talk people into letting me incorperate some of the stuff into the design already asked for. People really don’t see much of it here. We have about a billion shops that specialize in flash,lol, so they only see what’s being put out on the street. Your right women are more open minded about changing things up a bit, they usually love what i work in for them but they could never invision what they have never seen, ya’ know?

My creativity lies in the organic bio, like the Guy Aitchinson stuff, I really like that evolving style he’s created. I also like the pastel stuff Michelle Wortman (Guys wife) does. She has a style all of her own. I never liked color before, but in the last couple years I’ve really been getting the color bug. I’m starting to paint, and draw, and tattoo really colorful stuff. The thing about bio-mechanic stuff is it does tend to loose alot of the clarity when healed, mostly because of the metallic, and sharp edging, it needs to be sharp. Now with the organic bio it seems alot of that edgy stuff is blended in with beautiful gradations of colors, it almost seems (to me anyway) that it needs to loose the edge to really build it’s own unique balance or something. I’m very much into it right now…..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.