Erin H
    @

I have no experience tattooing, but I do draw and have loved drawing for as long as I can remember. I’m just not sure what the requirements are.

?ZoMB!E?
    @

3 STEPS TO A TATTOO LICENSE
    3 STEPS TO A BODY PIERCING LICENSE

STEP ONE: Determine what you need to legally tattoo or pierce where you live.
    STEP TWO: Complete your Tattoo/Body Piercing Apprenticeship
    STEP THREE: Hang your certificate, work in or open a shop.

OK of course it’s not just that simple.
    We have assisted over 1700 artists navigate their way to legal status all over the world through our apprecticeships, instruction & certificates since 1997. TESTIMONIALS

T.B.P.I. CAN HELP YOU GET STARTED IN THE BODY ART INDUSTRY

T.B.P.I. GRADUATES are finding success in the following ways:
    Directly Applying for State License
    Directly Opening their Own Shops
    Directly applying to a local shop as an artist

IN ADDITION TO LEARNING THE TECHNICAL ASPECTS of BODY ART – THE FOLLOWING MAY BE NECESSARY TO ATTAIN LEGAL STATUS:

In most states, provinces & countries, there are additional HEALTH RELATED requirements such as:

CPR – Certified

FIRST AID

May test you on health issues

May test you on technical issues

May require a site inspection

In a few states, provinces & countries a local hands-on in shop apprenticeship from an already locally licensed business is required. In this instance our certificates have helped our graduates in the following ways:

Priority when securing the few positions available because you are trained, they are more likely to choose you. (because you have proof of your training and an outstanding portfolio of your artwork)

Discounted Apprenticeship

Working Apprenticeship – at no cost to the apprentice, and apprentice earns money doing his craft – while performing the most important and necessary part of an apprenticeship – routinely cleaning everything.

This process could take you a few months to 2 years to complete. However you are apprenticing with a Specific Instructor and will be given individualized assistance and guidance. Whether it be a technical issue or a business practices issue, you will receive specific attention to your needs. We do NOT have hired phone attendants handing out pat answers.

In order for your education and subsequent certificate to be respected by your local authorities, you must be respectful of the local law.

You are your own best advocate. Only YOU can make your dreams a reality. You must work hard to find and meet all local rules & regulations. This is solely your responsibility. Respect the law and the law will respect your art. Only then can you DO WHAT YOU LOVE and LOVE WHAT YOU DO!

CHECK WITH LOCAL HEALTH DEPT FOR LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS

Just call or go into your city/county Health dept and ask them:
    “WHAT DO I NEED TO LEGALLY TATTOO or PIERCE?”
    “WHAT DO I NEED TO OPEN A TATTOO or PIERCING SHOP?”
    Make a complete list of their requirements and email them to us. We will let you how our Certificate will help you meet their requirements. Calling is one way, but going into the office is the best way to find the very specific requirements and forms you need.

Sami V
    @

Contact a tattoo shop there!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.