conor
    @

I got a tattoo on my shin on monday(it’s about 6 inches in height and about 8-9 inches in width wrapping around the sides of my calf). This is my 6th tattoo(I have smaller and larger ones), but none have had this kind of soreness this long after getting them. It’s not constant, only when blood rushes to it, like when I’ve been lying down and get up to walk. It’s still sore to the touch(when applying lotion or when I brush against it or lay on it.

Is this normal because of the sensitive area or should I get it checked out?

There’s no redness around the tattoo or anything else that would indicate an infection, only the intermittent pain. I ask because it wasn’t like this for the others. Of course, this is also the first on my leg.

tallerfella
    @

The pain kis normal. If the work was detailed, the shin bone took some pounding. You should be ok in a few days.

Anna
    Participant
    @anna

see a dermatologist

smithsalbabe
    Participant
    @smithsalbabe

Its totally normal. Just take care of it as you did with your others and give it about a week and the soreness should be gone. My calf was sore as hell for about a week and a half, only when standing or walking.

KIKI
    Participant
    @kiki

You sound fine!
    If you are really unsure, go back to your artist and ask him.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

I’d get it checked out if I were you, the shin shouldn’t hurt much. That area takes alot more of a pounding than any other part of your body from day to day life and especially as a kid, and so ‘for me’ is one of the most painless/hardened areas on the body to get done. Everyone is individual obviously but still, a slight infection could turn into something worse if not treated quick. Antibiotics for a few days could save alot of heartache for the sakes of a quick visit to the doctors and a prescription. At the end of the day, can’t do any harm.
    Then again, maybe you have sensitive shins!
    Good luck!

somebody
    Participant
    @somebody

it’s normal, because it is on your leg which is farther away from your heart so your circulation to the area isn’t as good. my husband has had both of his legs tattooed and he experienced something similar.

tifa
    @

I’d say its pretty normal to where u got it done at. There isn’t too much circulation going around that area in the first place so whenever u stand still for a long period of time its gonna ache even more. Try moving around for awhile 🙂 hope this helps out.

E-ROCK
    @

Yup pretty norm.
    I have tats on shins, but they did-not hurt
    However the one on my forearm is approx the same size you DEscribed. IT was tender for about two weeks… maybe try changing the lotion you are using to a de-sensitizing one They have it in wally-world.
    It’ll get better…. Try not staying still for extended periods of time, you’ll get used to it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.