drkangel210e
    @

about 48 hours? I don’t mean to be gross, but here goes: My new tattoo (48 hours old) on the top of my foot is oozing slightly (not alot at all) in one or two places. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? I’ve been following the artists instructions for after-care, but he didn’t have me using any antibacterial ointment afterwards. I’ve been gently washing the tatto with luke-warm water about 3x a day and putting scent-free, petrolium jelly-free lotion on it afterwards. Yesterday, I had to wear boots and socks for about 2.5 hours, so maybe its’ irritated ‘cuz of that… The area surrounding the tatto isn’t swollen or inflamed, but feels sortof stiff and hurts a little bit when I walk. Also, I’ve been wearing open-top shoes for the past two days to avoid fading. Sorry for all of the detail. I want to make sure you have enough info to help me out.

dixielandsweetheart05
    @

you are not supposed to wearsock or shooes for a little while after you get a tattoo on your foot

tottally crazy i fink
    @

they scab over , thats probably y it feels abit stiff just keep caring 4 it u will b ok in few days

somebody
    Participant
    @somebody

it sounds like it is doing fine but the socks and shoes definitely didn’t help anything. that is one of the most important things when healing a foot tattoo. you shouldn’t be using any antibacterial cream or ointment on it. are you washing it with soap or just water? you should be washing it with an antibacterial soap a few times a day but it sounds like everything else is going good. the swelling will go down if you keep it elevated for a few days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.