bluearia
    @

I have been using glaxal base; a lotion originally formulated to be mixed with medication(by pharmacists) so it is completely frangrance free, and hypoallergenic. My tattoo seems to be doing fine, but gets pretty itchy if it gets dry. So, how often can I put this lotion on without fear of damaging the colour of my new tat?
    My tattoo is a pair of dragonflies, each 4inches accross. They’re mixed black and grey and turquoise for 1 teal for the other.

American Mommy
    @

A few times a day, don’t make it drenched in it though. I washed my tat about 4-6 times a day with dial soap, and but a very light coat of lotion after wards. Don’t use anything medicated after 3 days. After 5 days I let them dry out on their on. It’s going it itch just like a scab, it’s an open wound healing. Don’t scratch or pick at it… EVER! Good luck, it will be fine.

Redbrd
    @

Whenever you feel it needs it. I would put it on instead of scratching it.That would keep that itching at bay. I used to put it on a little at a time, but do it all day.

OK just so people know, you only put an antibiotic ointment on fresh tatoos. What you are using is fine, trust the pharmacist. Otherwise it will get infected, If your tatooist did not tell you that sue his ass off.

The other guy
    @

Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion; for normal to dry skin.

That is all you need. Apply three times a day and cover the entire tattoo with a light coat.

And for that person that mentioned a “scab” your tattoo shouldnt scab up if it was done right. I have five tattoos and one of them scabbed up really bad due to the fact the artist went too deep and didnt tattoo properly. It will heal fine, but youll need some touch up work. Hopefully you can go back and get that done for free or for cheap.

Good luck.

Rae F
    @

As often as you need it, but be cautious. Do not load bunches and bunches of lotion ontop of your tattoo. Instead, wash your hands, and put a quarter sized amount in your palm. Rub your hands together as if trying to moisturize just your hands, and rub the remaining thin layer of lotion onto your tattoo. That is ALL that you need.

Good luck.

Oh Snap! My Garters
    @

Just enough to keep the scab from getting dry. You want to keep the scab on for as long as possible. They itch no matter what, you just have to try to scratch between the scab.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.