Mattster
    Participant
    @mattster

Hey I’m new to the site and need some help. I just got a coverup done of a very poorly done memorial cross to my mother who passed away when I was younger. My problem is that the center of the cross is all black and there’s lots of it and was forced to do so cause of the old cross being all black. I’m wondering, is there anyway you can add white or some sort of another color to the black? I want to get my moms intials added yet to the cross and was thinking to break the black maybe use white or another color and put the intials on or in the black? or am I stuck with it? If I am thats ok too cause it looks ten times better then before and plan on getting a bunch more color above, below and around the cross.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Hi Mate,
    I’ve had extensive cover-up work done on my entire arm, the top of it being very dark and mostly black. Reason being it was a cover up of a cover up, when at the studio (my original) I asked about options for the cover up and was told I would have to go black and tribal (pretty much a copout from the artist). Anyway I hated the work so much and went for a form of ‘tribal’. Well I thought I was stuck with it, but after a while got frustrated and went to seek advice from another artist. My 2 options were to go with a little lazer treatment which brought out the colour wel,l but took quite some time to fade after the treatment, and also just hit the thing with white. I actualy have now done both and the white comes through well, infact I was amazed that you would beable to lighten the skin after 2 previous different tattoos on the same area (young and dumb for the first I suppose). Anyway, now I’ve finished the arm and its a really Jap/Modern extrememy colourful looking piece of work.
    So in short, yes white will go in ontop of the black but it may take a couple of hits.

Mattster
    Participant
    @mattster

I can’t afford to go through lazer treatments. I think I’ll just put up with it or get my artist to hammer some white into and see what happens.
    Do you have any pics of your work scrubmuncher?

MaddHatter
    Participant
    @maddhatter
    Celithrandil
    Participant
    @celithrandil

takaras29.jpg

takaras30.jpg

Aimeemay
    Participant
    @aimeemay

Do you regret that “No Fear” tattoo you got across your bicep when you were barely 18?
    Or know someone with a tattoo they regret, a tattoo they would like to have removed/covered up or one that they aren’t crazy about?
    We’re looking for people with tattoos they regret, stories about covering them up, living with a bad mark or even learning to accept them. This is for a news story.
    Please e-mail Aimee Heckel asap at heckela@dailycamera.com or call 303-473-1359.

thanks!

Wolfie Girl
    Participant
    @wolfie-girl

This is how we are handling one of mine. I still wanted the black cat because of it’s personal meaning to me. However the original artist did such a crappy job so many years ago I finally found a great artist I trust who is doing my new half back piece as the cover up:

Before Pic:

beforecat.jpg

Current pic:
    colorcat1cropped-1.jpg

Talk with your artist about options. They do these on a daily basis and can really help turn it into a better piece.

Aimeemay
    Participant
    @aimeemay

Wow, what a difference. Would you be willing to chat with me briefly for the article? It won’t take too long. Please e-mail me at heckela@dailycamera.com or call 303-473-1359.

Thanks TONS.

Wolfie Girl
    Participant
    @wolfie-girl

If you mean me sure I don’t mind. I’ll send ya an email.

Celithrandil
    Participant
    @celithrandil
    Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.