cage_fights_com
    Participant
    @cage_fights_com

I am looking to get my son’s name translated into Japanese for a tattoo. Does anyone know of a reliable place??

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

In my experience for something like that you’d be best to get in touch with the university. A fine line is drawn between translations as I’m sure your aware. Chances are thier will be no exact translation and a description of what his/her name means in English may be required, or the nearest translation they may use, or something like that 😉

cage_fights_com
    Participant
    @cage_fights_com

I figured it would be somewhat complicated. Do any of the online translation services work?

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Hi, no doubt some of them will, but getting it right is tough. Just because one site gets it right for one translation for someone doesn’t mean they will get it right for you. Example, I’ve a friend who is an artist and got a translation of his daughters name on his neck, we went for a meal one night and it turns out the waitress was laughing because he had ‘sad girl’, being her first language you would think she was right. Thats why I recomend a university, at least with them it will be looked at checked and checked again before you get what you want back. Worth the work I think, it is a tattoo after all. I know alot of people use salford university for jap translations, but I’m sure thier will be others just as useful and helpfull. Just drop an email to the department and I’m sure they get back to you.
    God luck!

vagelis
    @

hi!!!
    i want to help me!!! i would to make a tattoo in my hand (three headed).
    I never met my father because he died in a car accident when i was 6 month .A car hit him when he tried to pass the road. I want something to write or design to feel that he is all the time with me.
    can you help me please.
    send me an email : vagbald@yahoo.gr

thanx!!!!:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.