Haji DNatrix
    Participant
    @haji-dnatrix

I was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions for the following items?
    I want to buy new eqipment but don’t want to waste money on “cheap” stuff.

Any help would be great!

Machine for Liner and Shader?
    Machine for Liner / Machine for shader?
    Your preferred ink for vivid Primary/Secondary colors?
    Preferred Black and White Ink.
    Suggestions for quality needles would be cool too.

I was looking at Millenium Ink, any thoughts?

Thanks!

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

As for equipment it depends largely on what kind of money your talking about. Their are alot of great machines out there, some good prices, and some are very expensive. The very first machine I bought was a Spaulding Rogers Reaper I believe, and to tell you the truth that machine was one of the most reliable machines I have ever had, it was around 160.00 usd. at the time. Now I’ve got a custom built machine from a guy in Texas, I paid 400.00 for it, and my primary shader is a brass machine built by a guy in Louisianna, I paid 350.00 for it. I’ve gotten used machines for 80.00 but they needed work so they cost me about 110.00 total for some frame, ya know what I mean…..

So it really does depend, these are just some of the machines, not including my power supplies, clip cord, foot pedals, tubes, needles, new ink, auto clave, lights, ect……on and on and on………..

Now you could buy a new kit and use what you have and rebuild with better material when needed, as long as a machine is kept up it will do you right. Some of the cheaper machines are hard to keep adjusted, but it’s like a car you’ve had for years you know what little tricks you can do to make it happy. Again, good to have ya brother!

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Sorry about that I was to busy cutting and chopping my hello, and jumping here I didn’t read what you had asked.

Machines is a price thing, cheap or expensive?

Millenium inks are good, I use them and have had no problems.

Pelikan black was always a good black for me, but it has varnish in it, not enough to hurt anyone but it’s there.

I use Millenium white, I can’t work as well with other whites.

Needles depend on what kind of taper for what kind of work, a person should make their own, but if you have to buy them get a deal, maybe check out Cam tattoo supply for cheap needles. You have to be careful when buying premade needles because when being packaged they may end up with burs, you must check every needle before you use it with a jewelers loop.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.