sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Can I scratch it if it itches? NO!
    Can I go swimming? NO!
    Can I go tanning? NO!
    Can I let my dog lick it clean? NO!
    Can I use Hot and Icey, or Ben gay on my tattoo? NO!
    Can I let other people pick at it? NO!
    Can I rub it with a wire brush or douse it with gas to get rid of it? Well you could, but I cannot recommend it, these are not acceptable ways of conduct toward your body art!
    Can I sweat profusly, and leave it that way for a day or two? NO!
    Can I do anything that jeopardizes this small operation that I just had done to my body? NO!

Folks most of these questions sound rediculous, but they are in fact real questions that are asked, we cannot stress the point more that you need to treat a tattoo for what it really is, a medical operation, so people need to respect it as such.

taurusgb70
    Participant
    @taurusgb70

OMG…just thinking about doing half the stuff on that list is making me cringe!!!!! People actually ask these questions??? Yikes! I won’t let ANYONE near me while my tats are healing and I try to keep them uncovered whenever possible too; I take good care of my babies.

My favorite people are the people who DON”T have tattoos that hand out advice because they know someone…(insert horror story here). I “politely” tell them that I have several and I know what I’m doing.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

i worked in and around tattooists for quite a while and i have to say i dont know anyone who has ever had a really bad problem with a tattoo.

Piercings sure i have seen ears need to be cut down and nipples go crusty etc but its an open wound which is more prone to infection.

Great tips though Sharp Shorty Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.