tommoalex
Participant
@tommoalex

Hi guys, looking at getting this tattoo done on the back of my shoulder/shoulder place, approx 8.5 by 14.5 cm. Tattoo design idea – Imgur
Instead of the complex design on her cloth and the swirl pattern, I’m thinking of swapping it for a section of Hokusai’s The Great Wave. Also, I’d like the dragon to be slightly larger proportionally, perhaps 50% wider.

Just wondering whether to go colour or black and grey for it? I’ve weighed up the pros and cons of both and it’s very tough to decide.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Since I know you so well I was thinking you should go with color

Dan
Participant
@dan

so go color on the dragon and B&G on the lady.

you also know that going that small, most of the detail will not be possible.

tommoalex
Participant
@tommoalex

@Dan 147720 wrote:

so go color on the dragon and B&G on the lady.

you also know that going that small, most of the detail will not be possible.

I’d like to capture most of the detail if possible, how much bigger do you think would make it more suitable? Sorry for silly questions, complete starter to tattoos here.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@tommoalex 147721 wrote:

I’d like to capture most of the detail if possible, how much bigger do you think would make it more suitable? Sorry for silly questions, complete starter to tattoos here.

at least 30 x 12 cm etc,etc IMO,

you know what they say !?!!?!?!?!? go big,or go home.

providing you have found the right tattooer for the piece.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@tommoalex 147715 wrote:

Hi guys, looking at getting this tattoo done on the back of my shoulder/shoulder place, approx 8.5 by 14.5 cm. Tattoo design idea – Imgur
Instead of the complex design on her cloth and the swirl pattern, I’m thinking of swapping it for a section of Hokusai’s The Great Wave. Also, I’d like the dragon to be slightly larger proportionally, perhaps 50% wider.

Just wondering whether to go colour or black and grey for it? I’ve weighed up the pros and cons of both and it’s very tough to decide.

this is an example of what I meant by mixing B&G and color,it can look great(never mind the male or female thing)

this tattoo looks great IMO with both elements in it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.