Poison Ivy
Participant
@poison-ivy

I want to cover up the bird on my ankle with more ivy. What do you think? Sorry about the crappy drawing. Obviously a rough idea.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=8027&attachmentid=14125

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

Are you looking to use the same poison ivy theme? I think you have a great idea – just need to have your artist finalize it.

Poison Ivy
Participant
@poison-ivy

@Devious6 147676 wrote:

Are you looking to use the same poison ivy theme? I think you have a great idea – just need to have your artist finalize it.

Yes, I would like to have the same ivy as I have on my hip. What do you think?

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

Personally, I like the idea. But, the key is that it is what you want and what makes you happy. Your artist can refine it to be exactly what you want.

I just recently completed my first tattoo. Some people consider it outdated – but it is a design that spoke to me and represents what I wanted it to say about me as a person. If the design is what speaks to you, then go for it!

Poison Ivy
Participant
@poison-ivy

I didn’t know tattoos could be “outdated.” Screw what other people think. Like you said, it’s such a personal thing. I really love nature so that’s why I want the ivy.

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

The design I chose has some tribal lines in it. To many, tribal is considered to be old hat….but not old hat enough to be “traditional.” ๐Ÿ™‚ The only one, though, who has to be content with it is me…and I love the result.

Poison Ivy
Participant
@poison-ivy

I guess that makes me outdated because I have a tribal too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum.

Funny your handle is “Poison Ivy”. My left leg is going to be a tree trunk with bright green poison ivy growing up the tree.

The droplets on the side are honey and papaya juice from the existing honey bee tattoo.
Lichen and moss will be between my toes, and around the roots. Perhaps a little water like I’m walking along a stream.

Poison Ivy
Participant
@poison-ivy

Oooh. That sounds cool. When are you getting it done? I think I’m going to hold off on this one for awhile. I just ended a 4.5 hours session on Friday and that was a rough go. I need to recover a bit.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I’m planing to start it in mid to late summer. Guerrilla Tattoo’s in Shippensburg, PA will be doing it.
I plan on one session a month til its done. It will be my whole leg.

Poison Ivy
Participant
@poison-ivy

I see the picture in your album. Did you draw that?

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Poison Ivy 147687 wrote:

I see the picture in your album. Did you draw that?

Yes. I’ve been doodling and drawing since I very young. It got me into a bunch of trouble in grade school.

I went to school for horticulture. Thus my interest in flowers, and I did a lot of landscape designs freehand before computers took over.

Keep us posted on what you get done.

Poison Ivy
Participant
@poison-ivy

That’s amazing. Design one for me, would ya. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Poison Ivy 147689 wrote:

That’s amazing. Design one for me, would ya. ๐Ÿ˜‰

What all do you want to include?

Poison Ivy
Participant
@poison-ivy

I just want ivy like the one I currently have. There is a picture in my album.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.