candigurl
Participant
@candigurl

I recently got my first finger tat. It was a completely odd experience for me. Nearest to my nail it did not hurt at all. I could only feel vibrations from the gun. As she got closer to my hand the pain increased and by the time she got to my big knuckle I could feel that undeniable repeated pinch. My tattoo is of a crochet hook with a piece of yarn wrapped around it, not that you can tell now. I have sat with her ( my artist Melissa) twice with a 2 week healing period between. Now i have heard that getting the ink to stay on finger is harder than other parts of the body, but this is ridiculous. After the first sitting NONE of the ink stayed. Going back for a touch up became sitting for the whole thing again. I am 1 week out from my second sitting and the tattoo is acting much like it did the first time. Im sure im taking care of it properly as this is not the first piece of artwork i have had done. Should i go to another shop to have it fixed? Does my finger just suck and it will never stay? Is there anything beyond general tattoo care that i should be doing? Any and all help is very much appreciated. My artist suggested that we move it to another location…. but crochet hooks dont belong anywhere else but in your hand! HELP!!!:confused:

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Fingers and hands and feet are a bitch to get ink into. If she is using a gun to try to tattoo you that might be the problem.
Can you post a link to a pic of it?

candigurl
Participant
@candigurl

@buttwheat 147312 wrote:

Fingers and hands and feet are a bitch to get ink into. If she is using a gun to try to tattoo you that might be the problem.
Can you post a link to a pic of it?

She is using a regular tattoo machine. In my area we just call it a gun. Guess i shouldnt use regional slang, some people wont grasp it. As far as a picture goes i wouldnt know how to upload it on here.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@candigurl 147326 wrote:

She is using a regular tattoo machine. In my area we just call it a gun. Guess i shouldnt use regional slang, some people wont grasp it. As far as a picture goes i wouldnt know how to upload it on here.

Hi 🙂 maybe this will help. http://www.thetattooforum.com/important/announcements-guidelines-feedback-and-suggestions/10056-uploading-posting-images-101-a.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.