Chrisg20
Participant
@chrisg20

Three weeks ago I lost my 9 year old daughter Ashley, very suddenly.
I want to get my first tattoo of something that will remind me of her. The artist gave this advice: “don’t do what you think you should do for a memorial tattoo. Do something that reminds you of her.” Before she said this, I was planning on getting a heart that Ashley drew on my forearm, along with her name in her handwriting. But now I’m wondering if that is really what i want to do.
I’m thinking her name “Ashley Nicole” with something small. Ashley was a sparkly little girl, everything was pink and purple with sparkle. She truly was a ray of sunshine in my life.
Can anyone suggest ideas based on this? Or where to go for ideas?
Many thanks.
Christina

Dan
Participant
@dan

welcome to the forum,and so sorry for your loss,that’s terrible, ๐Ÿ™

I do like the idea of the drawing of the heart she did as a tattoo,I also like the idea of her name in her writing.IMO it’s a perfect idea for a tattoo.

what colors did she do the heart in ?

maybe do some pink & purple highlights and some small sparkles in it too,make it feminine.

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

I am so very sorry for your loss. ๐Ÿ™

I agree that copying the heart she drew on your forearm, with her name inside written in her handwriting, sounds like a perfect way. They are both things she did – what could be more representative of her?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Sorry for your loss. Listen to your artist she sounds like she is giving solid info out.
What was your daughters favorite things? I really have no idea what 9 year old girls like right now but lets say she loved mermaids the Packers then get a tattoo of a mermaid wearing a Packer helmet. You will know what it is for and thats all that matters.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Chrisg20 147491 wrote:

Three weeks ago I lost my 9 year old daughter Ashley, very suddenly.
I want to get my first tattoo of something that will remind me of her. The artist gave this advice: “don’t do what you think you should do for a memorial tattoo. Do something that reminds you of her.” Before she said this, I was planning on getting a heart that Ashley drew on my forearm, along with her name in her handwriting. But now I’m wondering if that is really what i want to do.
I’m thinking her name “Ashley Nicole” with something small. Ashley was a sparkly little girl, everything was pink and purple with sparkle. She truly was a ray of sunshine in my life.
Can anyone suggest ideas based on this? Or where to go for ideas?
Many thanks.
Christina

take a picture of the heart and her name so we can see it ๐Ÿ™‚ post it here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.