#25187
ykizak
Participant
@ykizak

Hello all,

I got my first tattoo over 3 weeks ago and i have been careful with it.
However it looks like its not done properly to me. Got sketchy edges and spots that look like didn’t hold the ink.
So its almost like i can see my skin through the tattoo. Please see the picture and tell me what you guys think? Is it not healing properly?
I am really stressed about it, i just hope it can be salvaged with a touch up.

P.S: My tattoo artist just told me to use an antiseptic cream. So that’s the only product i used so far.

Regards

Picture: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

#48710
Dan
Participant
@dan

yes the saturation is not good on the feet and the lines are shaky and the shading is terrible,pretty bad all around,

don’t go to that tattooer anymore.

the good news is a good tattooer could easily fix that.

#48697
ykizak
Participant
@ykizak

Thank you very much for your reply, finding a good tattoo artist is going to be a challenge as i don’t know anyone to refer me a good one.

๐Ÿ™‚

#48698
Dan
Participant
@dan

check back to this thread,there are a lot of recourses here for finding good artists in your area.

where do you live ?

#48699
ykizak
Participant
@ykizak

I live in South Africa but i already started to search. I guess i will have to look for reviews before i go to an artist from now on.

#48701
Devious6
Participant
@devious6

Just to give you an idea of the difference, my tattoo is just a little over 3 weeks old. The heavy black areas are still showing a bit of onion skin in places – my artist told me those would take more time. And, I am scheduled to go back in for some more gray shading around the lines in 2 weeks – but you can see the difference in line clarity. I hope you can find a solid artist to make your design what you want it to be. Sorry for the pic quality – I took this quickly and it is darker than I’d like but you can get an idea.

412393147.jpg

#48700
Collin Ladwig
Participant
@collin-ladwig

I just got this tattoo last week and during the peeling process it seemed to peel of ink and some of the outline, is this normal or was this tattoo done wrong?

#48690
ykizak
Participant
@ykizak

@Devious6 147447 wrote:

Just to give you an idea of the difference, my tattoo is just a little over 3 weeks old. The heavy black areas are still showing a bit of onion skin in places – my artist told me those would take more time. And, I am scheduled to go back in for some more gray shading around the lines in 2 weeks – but you can see the difference in line clarity. I hope you can find a solid artist to make your design what you want it to be. Sorry for the pic quality – I took this quickly and it is darker than I’d like but you can get an idea.

412393147.jpg

It looks amazing. Well i am quite frustrated because of the way my tattoo turned out.
I sent a picture of it to the artist who did it and she said that’s normal, i don’t have to stress about it.
What a joke! Even i can see there is something wrong with my tattoo although i know nothing.
Now looking for a decent place to get it fixed. Its just unfair that i paid for this terrible job and can’t do nothing about it.

#48727
Devious6
Participant
@devious6

@Collin Ladwig 147448 wrote:

I just got this tattoo last week and during the peeling process it seemed to peel of ink and some of the outline, is this normal or was this tattoo done wrong?

I can’t view your picture – and I am certainly not an expert here but from my research and personal experience with my tattoo, peeling some skin that is colored is normal. My tattoo did the same – your skin is just healing and shedding the outer layers during the process.

Since I can’t see your picture, I’m not sure what you mean about peeling some of the outline. Even with peeling your tattoo should hold it’s line definition, I think.

#48655
Devious6
Participant
@devious6

@ykizak 147449 wrote:

It looks amazing. Well i am quite frustrated because of the way my tattoo turned out.
I sent a picture of it to the artist who did it and she said that’s normal, i don’t have to stress about it.
What a joke! Even i can see there is something wrong with my tattoo although i know nothing.
Now looking for a decent place to get it fixed. Its just unfair that i paid for this terrible job and can’t do nothing about it.

I hope you are able to find a good artist who will fix your tattoo. Beyond being a financial investment, it is an emotional one.

#48566
ykizak
Participant
@ykizak

I think i found someone, they got amazing reviews and been doing this for a long time and saw the quality of their work as well.
I spoke to them about half an hour ago they are going to fix it as good as they can. He said that because the shading is a total mess.
He assured me it will look a thousand times better than it is now. It will be expensive a bit but hey i can’t live with a tattoo that looks like it was done by a 3 years old.

#48552
Devious6
Participant
@devious6

@ykizak 147452 wrote:

I think i found someone, they got amazing reviews and been doing this for a long time and saw the quality of their work as well.
I spoke to them about half an hour ago they are going to fix it as good as they can. He said that because the shading is a total mess.
He assured me it will look a thousand times better than it is now. It will be expensive a bit but hey i can’t live with a tattoo that looks like it was done by a 3 years old.

That’s great news!! Yeah, it will be hard to do much about where the shading touches the pads but he should be able to really clean up the line and color density issues. That will make it look totally different! I’m looking forward to seeing it when the work is done.

When is he going to do it? I’m scheduled to have my shading done on the 26th – really looking forward to it!!

#48543
xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

@ykizak 147438 wrote:

Hello all,

I got my first tattoo over 3 weeks ago and i have been careful with it.
However it looks like its not done properly to me. Got sketchy edges and spots that look like didn’t hold the ink.
So its almost like i can see my skin through the tattoo. Please see the picture and tell me what you guys think? Is it not healing properly?
I am really stressed about it, i just hope it can be salvaged with a touch up.

P.S: My tattoo artist just told me to use an antiseptic cream. So that’s the only product i used so far.

Regards

Picture: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Damn that looks really bad man, almost looks like a coverup gone worse with that big black blob… i suggest you have it lasered… sorry

#48528
ykizak
Participant
@ykizak

@Devious6 147453 wrote:

That’s great news!! Yeah, it will be hard to do much about where the shading touches the pads but he should be able to really clean up the line and color density issues. That will make it look totally different! I’m looking forward to seeing it when the work is done.

When is he going to do it? I’m scheduled to have my shading done on the 26th – really looking forward to it!!

I made the appointment for 21st. The guy sounded really confident about fixing it. I am really hoping that he will be able to salvage it.
Well i am kinda scared now as he said it will hurt worse this time :/

@xanderx i don’t know if i can afford it. Plus i cannot handle another disaster. As people cannot do their jobs properly here i am scared they might burn my nipple off ๐Ÿ˜€

#48105
buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I’m sorry but that tattoo is pretty shitty.

I know of no tattooist in South Africa You might want to take a tattoo vacation and travel to a quality tattooist. You also might think about kicking that tattooist that put that on you in the nuts

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.