PJ95
Participant
@pj95

I’m getting my first tattoo soon and price of it is 210£ (deposit 60£). This is gothic cross with shading and with word on the middle.Cross will be on my forearm.3 hours session.15 cm cross
So I’m new to this and just asking is this expensive?
Thanks

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

I’d be more concerned with spending too little on a tattoo. Who is the artist doing the work? Can you link their portfolio? This way we can judge from their other work whether or not this is too expensive.

210£/3hours = 70£/hr….A lot of places in the states start at $150.00+/hr

PJ95
Participant
@pj95

@ezrider 147346 wrote:

I’d be more concerned with spending too little on a tattoo. Who is the artist doing the work? Can you link their portfolio? This way we can judge from their other work whether or not this is too expensive.

210£/3hours = 70£/hr….A lot of places in the states start at $150.00+/hr

so 70£ per hour is expensive for you? this tattoo is really meaningful for me.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@PJ95 147347 wrote:

so 70£ per hour is expensive for you? this tattoo is really meaningful for me.

70 per hour is very inexpensive IMO ,I paid $250 per hr for 9 hours on one tattoo a couple years ago.

maybe this will explain it better

cheaptattoo.jpg

PJ95
Participant
@pj95

maybe you are right but I checked that in the UK 70£per hour is a top quality tattoo

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

70 pounds = about $100 that is cheap. I would be worried about the quality of the tattoo as ezrider asked can you put a link to the tattooists work? I’m sure top UK tattooists are charging about twice that.

tawob001
Participant
@tawob001

It’s not expensive it’s a entertainment product.It’s your hobby .

ArniVidar
@arnividar

@PJ95 147349 wrote:

I checked that in the UK 70£per hour is a top quality tattoo

Although there are obviously some correlations between price and quality, in as much as high quality artists are usually very busy and can afford to be both selective and pricey, but there is no way to say that X amount per hour equals Y quality tattoo. Some tattooers are fast and others are slow. Some charge more per hour and some charge less. Some charge per piece and not per hour.

70£ per hour does not guarantee you anything with regards to quality.
Please post some information on the tattooer, if you are truly interested in knowing whether they’re worth the money and your skin for the rest of your life.

Chris1
Participant
@chris1

Do you know someone (or multiple people even) that got a tattoo from that person?

@ArniVidar
:
True, but with cheap prices you are more likely to get someone inexperienced and I would be extra cautious.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.