snoman420
    Participant
    @snoman420

I work as a lifeguard so it is hard for me to be out of the water for two weeks… is there anyway to protect my tat, i heard to put a thick layer of vasiline it..sounds sketchy, any suggestions?

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

yeah vaseline works really well. it keeps the tattoo sealed from the water which is good.

you do need to try and keep it away from the chemicals in the water as much as possible so possibly even wrapping it too.

upload a pic of your tat so we can all see it

tristan
    Participant
    @tristan

i used vaseline and cling film when i went swimming. it protects your tat really well

the only thing you really need to keep in mind is if it does get wet you dont pick the wet scab off it.

other than that i dont see an issue

snoman420
    Participant
    @snoman420

@turbosatan 734 wrote:

yeah vaseline works really well. it keeps the tattoo sealed from the water which is good.

you do need to try and keep it away from the chemicals in the water as much as possible so possibly even wrapping it too.

upload a pic of your tat so we can all see it

i will for sure, im getting it tonight

TargetTattoo
    Participant
    @targettattoo

I have heard that Cocoa butter is good for tats. I know my husband used it alot when he got his done.

varangian
    @

Εργάζομαι στην http://www.globalpools.gr και http://www.globalchem.gr και ξÎ*ρω άτομα που Î*χουν πισίνα και tatoo. Δεν ξÎ*ρω κανείς να είχε πρόβλημα.

nikdeezy
    Participant
    @nikdeezy

vaseline pulls ink from the tattoo, last i heard. not sure about cocoa butter

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

We use Aquaphor instead of Vaseline but you don’t want to slather too much of it on your tattoo. Don’t drown the poor thing in goop. I would also keep it out of the sun.

Apriltg
    Participant
    @apriltg

From what I understand the problem with vasaline is that while it does seal out the water it also seals out the air. Sealing out the air from a wound keeps it from healing. A wound that is trying to heal will continue to seep plasma and when that plasma comes to the surface it takes part of your ink with it fading your tattoo. I could be wrong on that, I’d like to hear what one of the artists has to say. Still, while vasaline might be ok for short periods of time you’re talking about your job, sitting there with vasaline on your tattoo for 8 hours straight just sounds like a really bad idea to me. I’d talk to your artist and see what he or she says.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.