acolli11
    Participant
    @acolli11

Hi everyone, I hate to be the one who has to post on this subject. I apologize in advance if this is not a topic I should discuss and/or it is the wrong section, but I was not certain where to find the answer other than on a forum. Yesterday I went to get the tattoo I had been planning for 2 years, I never get anything unless I have waited at least that long as it will be permanent. I found an artist in town. He was a nice guy and had a good portfolio of artwork. He had a good design drawn up for me and we scheduled a time to get it done. Nothing really threw me off about the shop other than the fact that his work area and counter were a little cluttered. (In heinsight I should have been weary when he didn’t give me paperwork to fill out or check my ID) but I wasn’t aware I should have been weary of these at the time. After getting the line work finished he said we should take a break and that he was going to smoke and I could strretch my legs. There was a pack of cigarettes in his pocket with a lighter and he headed outside. When he came back in we sat down to start shading and maybe 10 minutes in I noticed he was shading in places trhat were very different from what we had discussed and that he smelled like marijuana. I then noticed a pipe hanging from his jacket and a half smoked blunt behind his ear. None of the lines meet up where they should and the shading is absolutely Terrible. (Let it be known I got up when I noticed he was impaired) he then left the shop and wwalked down the street and came back claiming we should reschedule because his dog was having puppies. We than haggled over what a fair price for the days work was and he left. He did not clean off my arm with soap or what my tattoo, I had to track him down and ask him for wrap so I could do it myself. I now have an unfinished, very poor quality tattoo that i have to pay someone else to try and salvage. What are my rights as it comes to a consumer, I feel he should have to cover the cost of me getting the tattoo “fixed” by someone else. He did use new needles but he did not wash his hands after a smoke break and running up and down the street. he just put gloves on. I’m not one to go to the court system but I feel very unfairly treated and a tattoo I have wanted forever is possible ruined. I don’t see how I could have known this would have happened this way. Sorry for the book! Any advice for next steps and any artist recommendations in western Washington are appreciated.

red81
    Participant
    @red81

I went through the same think in the UK the artist totally messed up my line work . I tried to complain to them and they give me every story in the book also telling my it was my skin type. I don’t have any money to take them to court and here there is nothing I can do as they said they would correct it but I never wanted them to touch it again .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.