Nohnv
    Participant
    @nohnv

New to the forum and thanks for taking the time to answer.

I am finishing a sleeve from the same artist. The artist is from a respected shop and he’s a very in demand artist. Took me 6 months wait time per session. I researched him for a while before picking him.

Upper arm went fine and then we went to do the forearm. World map with compass theme. During the second session for forearm shading which was 4 weeks after lining, A part of the shading healed lumpy and milky after 4 weeks. Aftercare was great with unscented lotion, no direct water contact, gentle drying, not too much lotion, etc. I know milky is normal but usually for my tattoos the milkiness would’ve healed by now. I’m expecting a touch up but concerned with a touch up making the area more raised or lumpier. I plan to wait another 3-5 months to touch up but I figured I would get advice from some straight shooters on here since I know there’s now filter when suggestions are made. Which I appreciate. 

Heres a picture. I heal slow for tattoos so the shiny areas are expected.

Nohnv
    Participant
    @nohnv
    turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

looks like it might still have a bit of healing to do.

that lumpiness might be due to certain bits of skin scabbing slightly differently or also might be what your skin looked like beforehand but you couldnt see because it wasnt black.

Its been another couple of weeks now. what does it look like now?

Nohnv
    Participant
    @nohnv

Thanks fkr responding. If you look at the last 3 pictures in my gallery you can see it in better light and now 8 weeks since my last appointment. Still very shiny and with certain lighting looks raised but it is slightly flatter than the picture at 4weeks.  I’m using u scented lotion and aloe Vera before bed. Still keeping it out of sun.  Thoughts?

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

it almost looks like the lumpy bits are where it hasn’t quite healed yet.

8 weeks is quite a while but not unheard of.

Keep up the aftercare and keep us updated.

If you are concerned about any bits or it starts to feel hot possibly revisit your artist or get a doc to check out if there are any reasons you heal slowly. might be an underlying medical condition perhaps?

Nohnv
    Participant
    @nohnv

Thanks and there’s no heat, soreness, itchiness or any other symptoms besides being raised and shiny/“silver skin”.   I’ll just give it more time. And I’ll update in a few months.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.