leasthonorable
    Participant
    @leasthonorable

Hello, I had a few questions regarding how tattoos can ‘ match’ one another. I am working on getting my first as soon as the artist has an opening. I found myself attracted to 3 styles, black and grey, neo traditional ( and ‘normal’ traditional), and my favorite of all, Japanese traditional.
    I plan on my first tattoo being black and grey somewhere on my leg, and in the future I would like to fill that leg up with more black and grey and traditional pieces, and as of now, and I don’t see my opinion changing in the future, i absolutely love Japanese traditional and I would like to get the rest of my body covered in it ( the remaining leg, arms chest and back) and keep 1 leg as some sort of ‘ miscellaneous’ leg, or anything that isn’t Japanese. But I had a question regarding a few things, normally you see Japanese traditional being in full bodysuit, or a large part I.e chest, arms, etc. Would it look out of place if one of my legs are not Japanese traditional? As of now it seems it might look odd for the rest of my body to be covered in one style but for my leg not to be the same. Also, if I go ahead with the traditional Japanese tattoos. Would it be better to do it all at once ( the whole body) or do 1 limb at a time for example?
    And I also noticed that Japanese tattoos usually worked in 1/4s or 1/8ths when on sleeves and such. If for example you get a full body stopping at the cuffs and collar, would other tattoos on hands and neck just look out of place aswell?(I’m aware of the stuff that comes with neck and hands tattoo, not saying I’m guaranteed to get some, just asking for the future.)
    And finally, how much can I expect full body tattoo to go up to? I know it’s similar to asking how much is a cart full of groceries, but what’s the average you’ve seen them go up to so I know how much to start saving?

I truly appreciate your help and time you took to read this, if you have any tips feel free to let me know, it would be greatly appreciated

Regards
    Noah

OrangeSport
    Participant
    @orangesport

I don’t see a problem with mixed styles. They can still compliment each other, or form a contrast if you prefer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.