md2324
    Participant
    @md2324

Good Evening,
    I am wondering if I use White Ink to Highlight and to help Accent certain parts of my tattoos , that are all made up of Blacks and Grays ……. If I’ll actually be able to see the White over the Black

Questions please:

1. If I go over Black Ink ( that’s been on my Arms for Years ) with White Ink, will you be able to Even see the White Ink ?

2. How Long will White Ink stay Visible and still ” Pop ” over Black ink ….. at least 1 year ? A couple of years ?

3. I am thinking that….. to keep the White ink looking good , and looking ” Fresh ” , that I’d just get the White Re-done Every Year , whether it really needs it or not

4. How Long should you wait , before you do go over a Tattoo ?

And can you go over a tattoo to often ( say once a year ) , in that by doing so , you can actually make your tattoo look worse , and can end up damaging your skin ?

5. Is there a Certain Brand of White Ink that I need to make sure my Tattoo Artist uses ……. A TOP GRADE of White Ink ?

6. Any tips to help White Tattoos look their Best ?

Thank you for any and all Help , I really appreciate it – Michael

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

You can go over black ink with white. with some success also from some of the photos i ahve seen around.
    Might be worth speaking directly to your artist in advance to test out some different inks for the job. hopefully some artists will chip in here and provide some brand names or examples of their work.

md2324
    Participant
    @md2324

turbosatan[/url] ,
    Thank you for your reply
    Are there any specific Threads here on TheTattooForum that you could post , that go over and talk specifically about going over Black Tattoos with White Ink ?
    Also , I have heard that some use a Combination of White and Pink Inks to go Over Black Tattoos with ? Do you think that by adding Pink to the White, that this would help make the Details and Highlights you are trying to achieve with the White ( and Pink ) Ink ” Pop ” more so, than if you just used White Ink by itself ?

Thank you again for all of your help

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

@alex-4 @eerie
    Any experience with White Ink Over black guys?

md2324
    Participant
    @md2324

That’s a good point . That answer to that would be no, huh ? ๐Ÿ˜‰

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

I dont think we have any posts specifically on white over black ink oin here. more specifically because we dont allow a lot of talk about application of tattoos from an artist point of view in the main forums.
    But we have artists who may have done it in the past so was asking them.

md2324
    Participant
    @md2324

Thank you for sharing/asking.

Hopefully a few Artist who have done White tattoos will comment on this thread ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m thinking that maybe using a Grey with the White would help the ” White ” Last longer and look more vivid as the Years progress
    Also have heard that mixing a Light ( almost Baby Blue ) color in with White Ink , can really help in the Longevity and Help the Highlights and Details outlined by using White Ink over Black tattoos , really ” Pop ” and look good for years ( without needing it touched up )

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.