Tolley
Participant
@tolley

Hi my name is Jon Tolley I have been tattooing for 8 years constantly and 13 years in total, working in Leeds UK for the past 3 years. I am currently looking for a new place to work and I am open to where it is. I work mainly in custom and very versatile. I work hard an enjoy chatting to the customers to pass the time and keep there mind busy on the hard bits. I am willing to travel and I do a couple of guest spots each year. here is a link to my portfolio and I hope to here from you soon

Tattoo Zoo | Facebook
Jon Tolley
http://www.tattoozoo.org

contact me via tattoozoo@live.co.uk

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Your link doesn’t work :rolleyes:

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Are all the pieces in this link yours? Because, I gotta say, some of them are awesome and some of them look like real shit. Maybe off days, weak subjects for you, or you just don’t have them in chronological order? Anyway, most of them are better than average to awesome. If this is all of your work, you should be able to find a decent shop somewhere. Or you could open your own!

Tolley
Participant
@tolley

some are older pieces i am getting my website sorted but the guy is taking a while so you are prob talking about the older ones

Tolley
Participant
@tolley

think you need to explain as well dave pm me if nessasary are you a tattoo artist?

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

No, I’m no tattoo artist, just an artist and former scratcher. Buttwheat convinced me to put down my machine and get a proper apprenticeship. I have been told that I could find a free apprenticeship if I found the right artist, but I don’t seem to be able to find that around here. Not that I really mind paying for my education. I know that whatever I pay is worth it and I’ll quickly earn back. I have requested a loan and am waiting on word, should be sometime early next week. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I hope that this was the explanation you were looking for? Peace.

Tolley
Participant
@tolley

so you are not offering a job just wasting time interesting well cheers for the vague comments on my pic’s

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Tolley;92622 wrote:
so you are not offering a job just wasting time interesting well cheers for the vague comments on my pic’s

Odd attitude for someone that is looking for work. Well maybe not, the attitude is probably why your looking for work. Maybe it’s time to do some self reflection.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
buttwheat;92626 wrote:
Odd attitude for someone that is looking for work. Well maybe not, the attitude is probably why your looking for work. Maybe it’s time to do some self reflection.

lol I don’t know, that seems to be the attitude of all of the “strictly flash” artists around these parts, and they seem to have plenty of drunk college students and rednecks to maim! 😀 Cheers to you too, Tolley!

Tolley
Participant
@tolley

ooo it’s getting bitchy, all i was saying is that a constructive comment would have been accepted greatly but general slander of work is just un professional and as towards attitude i think that has just been shown by you guys i was just asking for an explanation of the comment on my work, which had a slight undertone of are you sure that is your work i have worked in tattooing for a good time and my work has improved over the time as it should. This is at the end of the day a job post and you guys are not offering a job so thank you for your interest

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Thanks for responding, Tolley. Yeah, I guess I was kind of saying it may not all be your work, but was really more curious as to the random quality displayed. We prefer to think of ourselves as more “outspoken” than bitchy, and being that this is an internet place given to all sorts of creeps and wierdos, you can forgive our skepticism. The fact that you didn’t just jump off tells me that you may not be faking or hiding anything, so I would like to clarify that I thought some of your pieces were awesome and if this is an indication of your talent screw getting a job and open your own shop. Too often honesty is mistaken for jealousy, and if you are the sensitive type this is the WRONG forum for you. If you want real, honest help here, it is best to announce yourself, hang out for awhile, get to know people, THEN find out if people are looking for help. This post is like walking into a tattoo shop and saying, “Hey, can I get a job? Here’s my portfolio.” How well do you think that would work? If you know the business, you know the answer. So again, welcome. Hang out a while, make some friends, post on threads, network. Don’t come in here with the attitude that you can lay ink and someone should give you a job. Again, and in all seriousness, peace.

Tolley
Participant
@tolley

thanks dave, even some of the pieces are less quality than the others due to having done them time ago i have displayed them as i also use my portfolio for customers and it gives them ideas people like what they like at the end of the day so i have just put a large selection of my work on and people who know tattoo will see the different standards and should see that it is older work or maybe not in this case ;), but yeh this business in general is not for the light hearted and posting on forums is a nightmare as comments can be miss conceived as i did so apologies for the comment and cheers for the complement i am putting a plan into action for a business long term but i am also looking for work short term guest or full time. i enjoy the freedom of doing my job without the worries of running the business side.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.