Koi
Participant
@koi

Oh Dear! 😮
And is the house of tattoos good for hygiene?
And how do I know if they break open all sterile equiptment and use disposable needles and ink pots? What exactly is an autoclave and spore count? Sorry I am not that knowledgable about the equiptment used…
I sent out a few emails to a few studios, have been talking to Upper Ten Tattoos, Lab 360 and King Ferry from Amsterdam Tattoo Palace. Any knowledge on these? All of them seem to have tattoo permits from the local health service. If that means anything…

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Not been to them personally when i hit Amsterdam it is usually to kick back and relax with a smoke 😉

That said checking the hygiene of the place is not difficult. If in doubt walk out.

Health permits are a good sign which means that the studio has been checked but never let that be the only check you do – you want to see the needles etc being opened up from sterile packets.

The autoclave is a machine that looks a bit like an oven they use these to sterilise the metal parts of the tattoo machine. Grips and tubes etc.

The main thing is that you ask them and see them break open the equipment rather than already having it loaded up before you step in.

Remember no carpets or soft furnishings you want hard surfaces that have been wiped down with antibacterial solution.

Take Care
Matthew

Koi
Participant
@koi

Okay:D
Now i am well nervous! 🙁
And what is the spor count?
How do I tell if the equiptment has been through the auto clave or not?

Also a general question about Europe; Whats the average estimate hourly rate going?
Basically what is expensive and what is reasonable?

And whats your beliefs on going to different parlors to get different parts of a tatt done? As I will always be on the move and don’t have time to wait the 2 or 3 weeks healing before I can get more ink on the tatt. However I was thinking that different Studios will have different equiptment and would that show up if on a tattoo?

Thanks.

Koi
Participant
@koi

Also have you heard of Classic ink and mods in Amsterdam?
http://classicinkandmods.com/

Koi
Participant
@koi

No reply yet 🙁

Also has anyone heard of Tribal act in Paris?

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Koi;63111 wrote:
No reply yet 🙁

Also has anyone heard of Tribal act in Paris?

Sorry no – can’t say I’ve been there

martmorr
Participant
@martmorr

Hey man.
If you’re in London pop down and see me in Brixton. My studio is called Sacred Ink. I own the studio and tattoo there every day, so the style of work is consistent not like other studios with guest artists coming and going.
Check some of my work out here or visit my website http://www.sacredink.co.uk

cheers

Koi
Participant
@koi
Koi;62155 wrote:
And what is the spor count?
How do I tell if the equiptment has been through the auto clave or not?

Also a general question about Europe; Whats the average estimate hourly rate going?
Basically what is expensive and what is reasonable?

And whats your beliefs on going to different parlors to get different parts of a tatt done? As I will always be on the move and don’t have time to wait the 2 or 3 weeks healing before I can get more ink on the tatt. However I was thinking that different Studios will have different equiptment and would that show up if on a tattoo?

Can someone answer these for me at least? 😀

And martmorr; I’ll be in London around October/November, so i will try and swing by!:)

Koi
Participant
@koi

Hey have found somewhere in Paris and have a few lined up to check out in Amsterdam, Looking for some in Berlin or Munich, Rome or Vatican, and also I will be in Lorret de Mar in Spain which is near Barcelona…

Any suggestions on some reasonable priced great quality art?

Jlin
Participant
@jlin
Koi;61731 wrote:
thanks for the advice everyone!
and matthew; i’m in Paris for the next three months and want a studio to go to here.
also i will be traveling to amsterdam, spain, italy and germany.
i want to get a tattoo from each country or have each country contriute to a tattoo.
so when i do decide to return to australia i can have a memento from each country i visited.

also i am looking for a competitively priced studio, i know cheap aint good and good aint cheap, however i dont want cheap, i want a competitively priced one 😀

Just a travelling advice:
If you go to Spain, Barcelona is a must see, its a beautiful city. If you go to Germany, don’t miss out on Berlin, Munich is also highly recommendable. I’m currently looking into tattoo artists in Berlin as well, if I find someone I really like I’ll let you know.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I couldn’t say re: tattooed but I found Munich to have great architecture but a bloody boring place for a night out :p

Jlin
Participant
@jlin

Berlin is great for a night out but Barcelona is king 😉

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Yeah I have heard great things about Barcelona too

Koi
Participant
@koi

Well I can’t wait to visit all those cities, plus more! haha

westendtattoo
@

WestEnd Tattoo & Piercing – Budapest

One of the most successful tattoo and piercing shops in Hungary since 2001. The Tattoo studio is located in the WestEnd City Center in downtown Budapest. WestEnd Tattoo & Piercing offers a wide variety of body jewelleries, piercings, accessories, and microdermal implantations. The microdermal implantation is a form of body modification which gives the aesthetic appearance of a transdermal implant, but without the complications of the much more complicated surgery associated with transdermal implants.

The link address is: http://www.westend-tattoo.hu

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.