Which tattoo place and/or tattooist?

jabbinjosh
    Participant
    @jabbinjosh

louis malloy in middleton manchester

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Thats the guy who runs The London Ink store isn’t it?

jabbinjosh
    Participant
    @jabbinjosh

yeah it is, can see him on the discovery channel site, got clips of the show!

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Yea I watch the show reguarly, wish louis was still in manc would love to be tattooed by him!

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

there is no way i would have a piece done by him, i dont like his holier than though attitude, yes he is good but he aint the only artist that can do work like that, and how he can sit there and not speak to the client is unbelievable… the banter is part of the experience… i would jump at the chance of a piece by dan gold rather than louis malloy any day of the week, the robots and space ship stuff he does is wicked.

also if i am wrong then somebody please correct me, but i was lead to believe that the studio where they film london ink is actually own by dan gold, its his other studio

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

To b honest I don’t mind a bit of banter but most of time I just want to put my i-pod on and let the artist get to work maybe thats just me?

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

@Outlaw 31024 wrote:

there is no way i would have a piece done by him, i dont like his holier than though attitude, yes he is good but he aint the only artist that can do work like that, and how he can sit there and not speak to the client is unbelievable… the banter is part of the experience… i would jump at the chance of a piece by dan gold rather than louis malloy any day of the week, the robots and space ship stuff he does is wicked.

also if i am wrong then somebody please correct me, but i was lead to believe that the studio where they film london ink is actually own by dan gold, its his other studio

Yea i got uncomfortable at first when i was getting mine done cuz he was so quiet… finally he started a convo and we talked for a few mins and then it was silent again. id much rather chit chat than just sit there blinking.

If i know the artist is going to be like that then ima bring my ipod with me and jam out while he/she does what they do. but id much rather chit chat with them and have an good convo. puts a mind at ease sometimes getting to know the artist and what they are like.

Just me 😉

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

some clients have said to me that chatting takes their mind off the pain, specially like a couple of hours into a large piece..when the wiping hurts more than the needles lo….. also like has been said, its a good way to get to know the artist a lot better as well

Reign-of-Rain
    Participant
    @reign-of-rain

I have to agree, in that I really dis-like Mr Louis Malloy; hate the guys “holier than though attitude” as Outlaw put it and Outlaw is right; his attitude stinks.

I know of a few tattooists like him, with a similiar attitude and I really dont understand it. I always think to be modest is far better; even if deep down, you know your bloody good! But also, as stated by Outlaw, he aint’ that good; there are many of tattooist out there like and far better than him. His fame is pretty much only aquired because he had the luck or fortune of tattooing David Beckham, as this thread pays testament too.

Also, for that matter; while we’re on the subject; I prefer to have a really good ‘chin wag’ with the person tattooing me. I have a great rapport with my tattooist, I consider him a friend. Granted, there are times when he is concentrating or I do not feel like talking through pain or concentration myself, but that is obvious really.

Scott.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

The guy is over rated, his work is nothing special, not saying he isn’t good, he is, but nothing he does jumps out at me and screams talent. Never seen the TV show socan’t comment. Beckham has quite a collection now, surely he has the choice of some far better talent in the u.s.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

I can’t disagree I love tattoo shows and even travelled across the states so I could visit over 50 tattoo studios to look at artists work first hand.

As for Mr Louis Malloy he is a good artist seen a lot worse and many better – what gets me is the attitude as you say he reminds me of my old school maths teacher – knows his stuff but as approachable as a bear with a sore arse.

The artist I use in Leeds (Russ Kaleidoscope Tattoos) is a big burly biker who is not a chatterbox but does have a sense of humour that puts your mind at ease.

I like a bit of chat – it is supposed to be a memorable experience.

Sadly I suspect that the issue is money over customer relations.

Matthew

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

I would rather get done by David Beckham personally.

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

i was talking about beckhams tats with my artist a few weeks ago funnily enough, and he said he apparently hires an anaesthetist to come out to him and give him a local anaesthetic for his sessions… no idea where he got that info so perhaps it’s bollocks, but it wouldnt surprise me tbh! if it’s true… what a fucking pussy!!!

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

I doubt it, Beckham is a huge guy and I reckon fit enough to with stand the sensations of a tattoo. Having to make conversation all day it is quite easy tot end up talking complete shite now and again, part of the service for many.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.