Creteloc
Participant
@creteloc

I’m new here, and I’ve been reading the forums so I figured I’d present you with my issue. I want to buy my husband his dream tattoo. He wants to marry passions of both of our daughters into one tattoo. The problem? He’s insisting on representing one daughter with a mermaid (though he doesn’t want Ariel) and one daughter with Darth Vader. I’m not artistic at all! I can Photoshop Vader’s head onto a mermaid, but it was too funny to ever be actually inked. Does anyone have any ideas how to merge such odd objects? Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

You don’t need to design the tattoo yourself, that is the tattoo artist’s job. You just need to give them a cool concept, and it already sounds like you have that.

The really important part is to find a skilled artist to do it for you (or your husband, in this case).

Creteloc
Participant
@creteloc

Oh, thank you! I wasn’t sure if he has to go in with the specifics already or if a general idea would work.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Nah artists love that stuff! As long as you tell them the elements you want included let them come up with a composition, artists always do a better job on their own original works than things they have copied anyway I think because they’re more personally involved in the project. The best thing you can do is do some research into good artists. There’s an app called the brag art list that you can download to your phone that will help if you get stuck. if he wants the best tattoo that’s a good place to start! ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck!

Oh and post pictures when that tattoo is done, star wars and the little mermaid sounds like an epic combination to me!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.