Rozzaxw1
Participant
@rozzaxw1

Hi,
Firstly I’m new to tattooing and know very little about the industry.

I’m looking for some ideas for a tattoo, particularly some wording.

This year I lost my dad to cancer, and 3 month later gained my first child, but they didn’t get to meet sadly

Both me and my dad were big believers in what goes around comes around and the circle of life so to speak.

I was thinking of getting a snake eating it’s tail in a tribal style ( uroborus )

Inside the circle I would like to have some text indicating that I lost a great dad and now it’s my turn to show my daughter the way,,,, I’m just not sure how to word it. I’ve racked my brain, but I’m not the best with words, so thought I’d ask the artists amongst you for some inspiration.

Thanks in advance.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Don’t get any words. Remember a picture is worth 1000 words. Just leave it as symbolism we don’t need to put text on things to explain them as the tattoo is for you and you already know what it is for. Sorry for your loss Cancer sucks.

ce354612eb757e78940217a63a2acb83.jpg

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I’m with butt on this one, there are so many ways that you could commemorate your father without the need for script. A tree of life tattoo might be worth researching or any number of other things that aren’t immediately coming to my brain!

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I, too, prescribe to the notion of “no words”.

The idea you shared with your dad is something that you and he had together. That’s cool.

Sorry for your loss.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.