Cooling1978
Participant
@cooling1978

Hi everyone, I’m planning on having the below quote tattooed on my upper right inner forearm sometime in the coming weeks. I wonder if you all have any suggestions regarding font. I’m leaning towards a light typewriter font at this point, and I’m torn about whether or not to include a few stars as an accent. I also have pale, somewhat freckled skin, and am concerned that black ink might be too harsh. Any feedback/advice would be most appreciated.

And you’re shining
like the brightest star

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

I would give serious thought to having that (or any) quote. You will have it for the rest of your life.

Cooling1978
Participant
@cooling1978

Thanks, and uh thanks? That’s helpful.

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

@Cooling1978 143505 wrote:

Thanks, and uh thanks? That’s helpful.

It is more helpful than you think. I have 1 tattoo of song lyrics, the rest of my tattoos are beautiful images. I never show ANYONE the lyrics. Ever. I show EVERYONE the portraits. Put an image there instead.

If you really insist on getting the words, then get an amazing lettering artist to do it for you. Typewriter is BORING. Check out the IG pages for people like Big Meas and BJ Betts to see what can be done. Their stuff (and others like them) is amazing.

Amok
Participant
@amok

isn’t Hedwig the name of the owl from harry potter? that would be way better.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I totally clicked to see a harry potter tattoo. Nothing but disappointment.
Lettering for knuckles only!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Old english

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.