buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Ridewithme38 132714 wrote:

Wow, I had no idea it was a bad tattoo, all I was worried about was the angle and I’ve been told that’s the way it should be. What jumps out at you as obviously bad/wrong? I have about $250 in tattoo credit left with this guy, maybe if I figure out the mistakes with this, I can be careful with picking and being more specific with the next.

Do you really think its that bad? Or are you just messing with me?

No I think it is bad. Things I don’t like about it the swoopy thing on the K going the wrong way making it look like a R, The proportions on the date are all off I can’t tell from the pic you post how well it is applied but a good tattooist would have done a better job on the things I mentioned. Not all is lost Sherav gave you some great advise. The good thing is your here now getting advise on it and if you choose to listen to it you can come out of it with a great tattoo.

As for having a credit with the tattooist well I would rather have lost a few bucks then walk around with a pile of shit on me. He may be able to fix it I don’t know. do you have a link to his portfolio? I’m really not trying to be an ass just trying to help you get a tattoo that your daughter deserves.

Ridewithme38
    Participant
    @ridewithme38

Can you guys recommend anyone on long island?
    I just got this done last week, so I need to wait for it to heal before I can get any touchup work done, right?
    I’m not sure if this link will work
    https://www.facebook.com/shawnink/media_set?set=a.1447778324780.2059364.1542866191&type=3

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Yes you should wait to get more work on it and no the link didn’t work.

Ridewithme38
    Participant
    @ridewithme38

@buttwheat 132754 wrote:

Yes you should wait to get more work on it and no the link didn’t work.

Hmm, link worked for me..Maybe you have to be his facebook friend to see it?

I’m getting more ink on the 15th, by a different guy at the same shop…Here’s some of his work….(Joey Caps)
    Ink Caps | Wix.com

Should be an easy piece for him, i’m just getting this on my shoulder…
    Knots_tattoo_338.jpg

He’s said he can do it so it looks like it is ‘sunken into the skin, like engraved’

Do you think thats a good idea with that image?

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Here’s a (hopefully) working link: https://www.facebook.com/shawnink/media_set?set=a.1447778324780.2059364.1542866191&type=3
    He’s not good.

That Joey fella is also decidedly poor-to-mediocre. I would not get any more work in that place.

Getting the leaf ‘engraved’ is a fine enough idea if that’s what you want. You’ll probably come to regret wasting that canvas on such a piece, though.

Ridewithme38
    Participant
    @ridewithme38

I’ve started googling a bit tattoo places around my area….it appears there is a place literally right around the corner from me(Maybe 5 minutes, the place talked about above is an hour away) that has some pretty positive reviews….Kings Avenue Tattoo….Have any of you heard of this place? Who do you recommend there?

Ridewithme38
    Participant
    @ridewithme38

@ArniVidar 132770 wrote:

Getting the leaf ‘engraved’ is a fine enough idea if that’s what you want. You’ll probably come to regret wasting that canvas on such a piece, though.

The Leaf (Celtic Knot) is more about the symbolism for me….From all the research i’ve found, it is the symbol for “Fatherhood” and since I have a redheaded, green eyed, 1/2 Irish~1/4 Scottish daughter….I thought it was fitting….Beyond getting a back piece with a lion and cub, i just couldn’t think of any other way to ‘put into art’ how important she is to my life

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Ridewithme38 132775 wrote:

I’ve started googling a bit tattoo places around my area….it appears there is a place literally right around the corner from me(Maybe 5 minutes, the place talked about above is an hour away) that has some pretty positive reviews….Kings Avenue Tattoo….Have any of you heard of this place? Who do you recommend there?

Yes Kings Ave is a super legit shop.. You can’t really go wrong with anyone there.

Ridewithme38
    Participant
    @ridewithme38

@buttwheat 132779 wrote:

Yes Kings Ave is a super legit shop.. You can’t really go wrong with anyone there.

I’m going to save up some money and go to them for ideas to ’embellish’ the name tattoo….maybe a rose with the stem wrapping and hiding the date. Really i’m just going to go in and say “What should i do with this?”

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

There’s nothing wrong with not knowing what to do. Most of us aren’t artists. I just had to recently confess my own stupidity to my own artist. Don’t feel bad.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 132960 wrote:

There’s nothing wrong with not knowing what to do. Most of us aren’t artists. I just had to recently confess my own stupidity to my own artist. Don’t feel bad.

I confessed my stupidity and all he said was relax, we’ve all known for some time.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.