Asenath83
    Participant
    @asenath83

A few years ago I got my second tattoo, a stylized peacock feather based on an Art Nouveau brooch (I collect such jewellery). It’s on my shoulder cap and was done by a Swedish guest artist named Sandra Steinberg at Belfast City Skinworks. It feels a bit small and unfinished though so I decided I’d like it extended to fill the shoulder cap and go down halfway my upper arm. To stick with the theme, I’d like to add some Mackintosh roses and pull the whole thing together with black lace.
    I already submitted my “brainstorming map” to Skinworks and have an appointment with Janine Triskele, who used to have her own studio in Enniskillen.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

That is an amazing idea actually. Not seen much of this “black lace / draping tattoos” on people. Peacockfeather and those roses are both great feminin elemets and would go great together. Only thing that I can add is that the lines on the feather are quite bold, so if it’s to blend with the newer additions; they can’t be as thin as on the pictures you had for examples. Just a thought.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I like the first one (upper left corner) it is super clean work.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

That has great possibilities!

Keep us posted!

Asenath83
    Participant
    @asenath83

Thanks for all the positive feedback, especially since you guys are thankfully very honest when it comes to that and have no problem telling people if an idea is crap or technically not feasible.

@BertNaked 127122 wrote:

Only thing that I can add is that the lines on the feather are quite bold, so if it’s to blend with the newer additions; they can’t be as thin as on the pictures you had for examples. Just a thought.

Definitely, I’m sure Janine will come up with something that works.

@buttwheat 127131 wrote:

I like the first one (upper left corner) it is super clean work.

I know, right?

Asenath83
    Participant
    @asenath83

Well I have my appointment tomorrow due to a cancellation.

Asenath83
    Participant
    @asenath83

Ended up with something slightly different. Instead of the lace as seen above, I got a paisley like pattern to tie in better with the feather (which will also be redone). All the line work minus a small patch (because one patch near the armpit is fun enough to heal at a time) took a little less than 2.5 hours, back for some shading next month. Pictures will be posted in the appropriate board soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.