#39678
iggybuddi
Participant
    @iggybuddi

So, just got my first tattoo done, and of course, I’m already planning my next one. 🙂 I have plenty of time to figure it out but I think I want to get a reverse of the tattoo I just got. You can see it on my other post.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/my-stunning-long-awaited-first-tattoo-t21874.html?t=21874

I’d want it on the outside of my left calf but I’m still not sure what I can do to represent the opposite of my ‘skeletree.’ Jesse Rix will be doing it so I’ll make sure to get his ideas as well. I’ve been thinking of some sort of tree that would be the reverse of a weeping willow, but I’m not sure what type of tree that could be. I would probably want it to be in bloom so something very full of life, maybe a cherry blossom? But I don’t want some ‘fluffy’ picturesque scene either. I don’t know what could be the reverse of the skeleton though. I could do a skeletree but just as a cherry blossom but that doesn’t seem quite right. I’m just looking for ideas as what could be done as an opposite. Could be color or black & grey. Any ideas from the creative genius lurking around on this forum?


Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
#130548
anonymous
Participant
    @anonymous

Well there is actually a “Tree of Life.” As for the opposite of the skeleton, my first thought would be a kid. The kid could be playing under the tree or even in the tree. I think color for sure as B&G doesn’t really make you think “full of life.”

This one is from another member’s album. It isn’t particularly well done, but good concept imho.

#130519
bluey
Participant
    @bluey

Your tattoo looks great and your idea is very cleaver, however I don’t think it would work that well as you have a lot of ink, so the other would have very little ink and may be difficult to see what is going on. You could always do another opposite, come up with a design that where the current skeleton is, it becomes a tree and the tree becomes a skeleton.

#130521
iggybuddi
Participant
    @iggybuddi

Call me stupid, but I didn’t quite get that, Bluey. Maybe I was reading it wrong?

Defiance, I’ve thought of the tree of life, but i don’t think it’s what I’d want. I’ve thought about children as it’s kind of the obvious way to go but I don’t really like the idea of having children in the tat since I’m really not a ‘kid person.’ I still want the tattoo to have some darkness to it- I don’t want some picture perfect scene, I want something a little more ‘real,’ if you know what I mean. 🙂


Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
#130523
anonymous
Participant
    @anonymous
iggybuddi;117500 wrote:
Call me stupid, but I didn’t quite get that, Bluey. Maybe I was reading it wrong?

Defiance, I’ve thought of the tree of life, but i don’t think it’s what I’d want. I’ve thought about children as it’s kind of the obvious way to go but I don’t really like the idea of having children in the tat since I’m really not a ‘kid person.’ I still want the tattoo to have some darkness to it- I don’t want some picture perfect scene, I want something a little more ‘real,’ if you know what I mean. 🙂

Well you specified “opposite.” Dark and gloomy isn’t the “opposite” of dark and gloomy. 😀

__the_hanging_tree_flash_video___by_drowninginflame49-d4ycwdo.png

#130524
iggybuddi
Participant
    @iggybuddi

Haha :p I don’t want it to be dark, such as my other one is, but I don’t want it to be cheery & bright, so not quite the exact opposite. I know I’m confusing 🙂


Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
#130525
anonymous
Participant
    @anonymous

ENSC4006678L.jpg

#130549
iggybuddi
Participant
    @iggybuddi

Haha, that might be a little too cheery :p

I know its hard to imagine. An example of a bright thing with dark twist could be a cherry blossom skeletree. Bright and dark at the same time. Something along those lines-but not that. Get what I’m saying?


Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
#130556
peterpoose
Participant
    @peterpoose

Here’s some pictures I found, they may still be cheesy but you may be able to steal some ideas 🙂

ifxssi.jpg

w220yd.jpg

19tjxw.jpg

2zsxxqv.jpg

18db49.jpg

2mnru4i.jpg

13zadl1.jpg

o9k6c2.gif


A map I have made of great artists around the world – http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
#130571
iggybuddi
Participant
    @iggybuddi

Haha Thanks! The eye one is closest to what I’ve been thinking. I found this one that I like but instead of butterflies, I’d do some kind of bird. Maybe doves or hummingbirds, something along those lines.
Tree_Of_Life.jpg


Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
#130574
anonymous
Participant
    @anonymous
iggybuddi;117507 wrote:
Haha, that might be a little too cheery :p

I know its hard to imagine. An example of a bright thing with dark twist could be a cherry blossom skeletree. Bright and dark at the same time. Something along those lines-but not that. Get what I’m saying?

5 skeletons hanging by a tree with a corpse standing in front of it is cheery? lol You’re a pretty miserable person aren’t you? 🙂

#130575
iggybuddi
Participant
    @iggybuddi

Haha, not miserable at all. Just sarcastic :p


Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat.
#130581
peterpoose
Participant
    @peterpoose
D3FiANC3;117534 wrote:
5 skeletons hanging by a tree with a corpse standing in front of it is cheery? lol You’re a pretty miserable person aren’t you? 🙂

lol made me chuckle 🙂


A map I have made of great artists around the world – http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.