geenhawkm
Participant
@geenhawkm

So as the title suggests, I’m getting my first tattoo in the next couple months. I have a very strong idea of what I want it to be about, but I am not completely sure on how I want to put that feeling into a visual. After a lot of thinking and messing around on Photoshop (I’ve made like 5 different possible designs but this is the only one I could actually imagine getting) I’ve come up with a design. I want to know people’s feelings about it. It represents something very personal to me, something I’d like to never forget, but I want to make sure I don’t end up looking like a complete idiot. It won’t be very big, and I’ll probably have it on the back of my neck. Basically, I just want feedback. Positives, negatives, questions, etc. I know this was a long blabbery post just to ask for feedback haha. I’m running off of pure insomnia at the moment. But yeah, feedback would be greatly appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

Here it is:

264j09z.jpg

Amok
Participant
@amok

It’s not bad and if its what you want, then go for it. Personally I think it would be better without the text.

I would also think hard about getting it on the back of your neck for a first tattoo – being a very visible spot it will be hard to cover if you ever need to.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

If it’s personal to you it shouldn’t matter what people think about it, without getting to much on this certain point i actually feel sorry for people who care what other people think about them whether it being tattoo’s or anything at all. It’s your tattoo mate it belongs to you don’t give a fuck what anybody think’s about it ๐Ÿ™‚

Just for the record i think the idea is cool.

geenhawkm
Participant
@geenhawkm
Amok;114424 wrote:
It’s not bad and if its what you want, then go for it. Personally I think it would be better without the text.

I would also think hard about getting it on the back of your neck for a first tattoo – being a very visible spot it will be hard to cover if you ever need to.

Thanks for the feedback. I see what you’re saying about the text, but for me it kinda emphasizes my feelings and adds to them, since the chain doesn’t stand for just one thing. Throughout the entire decision making process, freedom is the one word that always stuck in my mind so I’d like to have it somehow present. And When I said the back of the neck, it wasn’t completely true. I actually plan on having it further down, like between my shoulder blades, but higher up, which is why I thought to say my neck. If that makes any sense.
๐Ÿ™‚

geenhawkm
Participant
@geenhawkm
Wardy;114436 wrote:
If it’s personal to you it shouldn’t matter what people think about it, without getting to much on this certain point i actually feel sorry for people who care what other people think about them whether it being tattoo’s or anything at all. It’s your tattoo mate it belongs to you don’t give a fuck what anybody think’s about it ๐Ÿ™‚

Just for the record i think the idea is cool.

Thanks so much. I completely agree with what you’re saying. I just wanted to make sure there weren’t any obvious flaws so I don’t look like a complete nincompoop.
:p

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

+1 to without text. If it has a personal meaning to you then there’s no need to explain it to people by adding text. When i had back of my neck done I was prepared for murder. It was super easy. Also having chains on my spine, I am a fan of chains.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.