bucky685
Participant
@bucky685

I am wanting to get a tattoo, that is a repensation of my daugther who is about to turn 1 next month. Her name is Alina Pearle. So i am thinking of having a Clam with a mermaid holding a pearl.

The only thing i worry about is it being too feminine, what are some ideas to make this a more masculine tattoo? I know that in the end i will have who ever does my tattoo draw it up, but more or less just throwing different ideas around.

I am thinking black/grey
Would some sort of background be a good addition to this tattoo?
-maybe some japanese/chinese style waves around/under it.
Any other suggestions?

I am wanting it on my lower leg/calf.

In case you haven’t gathered it, this is my first tattoo.

I am debating on these two artists doing it, the first is in town, the second is about 3.5 hrs away.(opinions?)
http://www.myspace.com/chalupa14/photos
http://www.skinkitchen.com/artists/tattoos-by-jack/
51DtjuvPoQL.jpg
513SlNhOcbL.jpg

The other thing i am contemplating is waiting on the “memorial” tattoo until she is older, and get a Kraken attacking a pirate ship in the same spot.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Firstly I like the pictures of the idea doesn’t look femenine to me.

The second artist looks better to me but I wouldn’t go with either but I’m told I am a tattoo snob lol

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

How about something inspired by Botticelli’s “The Birth of Venus?”

Click here to see the work.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
GrayCatLove;113997 wrote:
How about something inspired by Botticelli’s “The Birth of Venus?”

Click here to see the work.

Awesome, loving that pic!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

I really like your idea of clam/mermaid! Fantastic tribute to your daughter. I will be very interested in seeing whatever you decided to go with. :):):)

bucky685
Participant
@bucky685
peterpoose;113995 wrote:
Firstly I like the pictures of the idea doesn’t look femenine to me.

The second artist looks better to me but I wouldn’t go with either but I’m told I am a tattoo snob lol

What are you likes/dislikes of the second artist? What should I look for when picking a artist, to do this tattoo? Do anyone have a recommendation in eastern iowa area?

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
bucky685;114015 wrote:
What are you likes/dislikes of the second artist? What should I look for when picking a artist, to do this tattoo? Do anyone have a recommendation in eastern iowa area?

I am no expert and not from that part of the world but there are a lot better artists. The first one looks pretty bad to my eye, the second looks a lot better but still not someone I would allow to tattoo me!

It is a nice idea and could be very nice with an artist for detail or colours.

One of the others can direct you more.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.