GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I love the sort of two dimensional tigers of this style. Here’s an excellent example.

My sides/ribs are already used up or designated. I also don’t really want it on my arms or upper back. I know it would be lovely on my lower back, but I hate the idea of not being able to constantly look at it, and with my dismal lack of a romantic life, NO ONE will have the pleasure of seeing it. Once again, I know it would be gorgeous, but I’m undecided. My other tattoos are Tengwar (in black) and a cherry blossom, so I feel like it would flow beautifully, but I need some placement ideas.

I’d also love it on my upper abdomen, and this isn’t a place that tends to stretch mark for me, so I’m not worried about it marring from age. I’m thinking it might look okay if the tiger’s head began beneath my breasts and its bottom feet ended above my belly button, but I can’t find any good examples of tattoos like this. Please advise.

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

What about on top of your thigh, you could always see it there and have him like he is clawing his way to your knee. I have seen quite a few decent ones that have tails at the right or left part of the top of the back and stretch downward on either side. Just a thought. Good luck!

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Good suggestion! I’ll keep it in mind.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

your thighs – above the knees below the hips are great spots for huge pieces – and easy to get tattooed too – no pain like the ribs (ouch)

starvingcfi
Participant
@starvingcfi

Nice. Be sure to post pics of whatever you decide.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I appreciate the suggestions. Does anyone think it would look odd if I placed the tattoo so I could wear a short dress without it showing?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

come on, show a little ink in those short dresses……………..I understand if you dontikn work length clothing

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Occasionally, part of my job IS looking conservative in a dress. I guess I could always go for below the knee at work functions.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Well, I’ve made the bold decision that at the end of the summer, when I am done with classes/thesis and only lack clinical hours for my next degree, I’m getting the tiger on my lower back, unless my tattooist finds it inadvisable.

I think it’ll look pretty swell/bitchin’.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
GrayCatLove;110555 wrote:
I appreciate the suggestions. Does anyone think it would look odd if I placed the tattoo so I could wear a short dress without it showing?
GrayCatLove;110683 wrote:
Occasionally, part of my job IS looking conservative in a dress. I guess I could always go for below the knee at work functions.

These two phrases don’t seem to go together.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove
D3FiANC3;110773 wrote:
These two phrases don’t seem to go together.

“Short” to me is an inch above the knee.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.