brichard917
Participant
@brichard917

Not sure really how to go about this. This will be my first tattoo; I keep putting off getting one because I want my first one to actually mean something just in case my first ends up being my last. It’s been hard to me to come up with much. I have a lot of things I like, but not much I would put on my body. I have a lot of ideas but I’m not really the creative type that is good at putting an actual image to my ideas.

So here’s the meaning I think would be cool to portray through a tattoo:

No one single event defines you
Everyone deserves a second chance
Anyone can change
Be who you are, not who people make you out to be/who you are expected to be

I know that is extremely general, I’m just kind of lost. I really want to get my first tattoo, but like I said, my first one has to actually have a deeper mean than just being ‘cool.’

I’m not actually asking anyone to draw for me. If you want to make something up, then you’re straight up awesome. If not, I would be overly satisfied with just some brainstorm help.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Perennial flowers are lovely as they always come back, often brighter and stronger than ever. Anemone, literally “windflower,” is gorgeous, and the wind is ever-present, but always changing.

Butterflies are more common. I’m guessing you’re male, though. I like the idea of a strong, proud oak tree as well, a symbol of something that grew from something so small, so many elements had to be overcome.

brichard917
Participant
@brichard917

I am a male, haha. So the birds and butterflies don’t really fly, but good ideas nonetheless. I like the oak tree idea a lot thought, I’m going to have to look into that.

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread
brichard917;109968 wrote:
I am a male, haha. So the birds and butterflies don’t really fly, but good ideas nonetheless. I like the oak tree idea a lot thought, I’m going to have to look into that.

I’ve seen plenty of blokes sporting some awesome flower, bird and butterfly tattoos. Just because you think the imagery is girly it doesn’t mean it has to be.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.