Benevolentia
@

Howdy all.
I recently came up with an idea for a huge back-tattoo that I’d love some input on.

As the title explains, it’s a mashup of famous structures on my back. Starting at the bottom I’d want for example the Golden Bridge (picture it broken in two, coming at you out of the back at a 40 degree angle). Behind it I’d have the Big Ben, the Eiffel Tower, a pyramide, the colloseum, and all ending with the Twin Towers and Burj Khalifa.

Could this be cool? I haven’t seen anything like it before, but I’m worried that too few buildings will be boring, but too many (let’s say the ones I already picked) will make everything too small, and there won’t be enough room for details.

NOTE: All strucures will be behind one another, so the higher up you get, you probably won’t see any of the lower parts of it.

Lemme know what ya’ll think ๐Ÿ˜‰

ArniVidar
@arnividar

As you say, it would definitely requite the whole back to fit in the necessary details.

First off, why choose structures, and why those structures?
Secondly, the problem with structures and geometric shapes in general as tattoos is that straight lines and perfect ovals are simply impossible on the human skin. Any slight twist of your body will turn the towering Burj Khalifa into the leaning tower of Khalifa ๐Ÿ™‚

If you have some OCD tendencies, you might not like how some of those structures will look imperfect. If that doesn’t bother you, then great ๐Ÿ™‚

As for composition, I think the only way to do this collage properly would be to go super realistic, and fade each into the other, but leaving white space between them to create contrast and frame each building slightly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.