iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

So, if you’ve read any of my previous posts, you’ll know I’ll be getting my first tattoo this July by Jesse Rix (Secret Lake Tattoo in Keene, NH). If not, well now you know. 🙂 I think I’ve decided which idea I’d like to get his July. I’ll be getting it on the outside of my right calf.
ss-skeleton-trees-0.jpg

It would only be a single skeleton-tree (I don’t want two or a child one) and of course, we will alter it and make it my own. I want the roots to go down over my ankle and onto my foot and the artist will be able to choose how big he wants to make it as long as it doesn’t go higher than my knee. I think I’ll want the tree to be a bit more filled out and not so thin but I’m open minded. I think I’ll want to add a touch of color somewhere, although I’m not certain where. Thoughts? On the idea in general or maybe where I could put color? Thanks! 🙂

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

I love your idea. I think it will be really cool! Color could go just about anywhere, but would probably be pretty to add a splash of color somewhere in the tree or perhaps down around the root area. Your artist will have ideas on where color will look best. There’s nothing wrong with putting a splash of color on the skeleton either. It really is just a preference. Definitely talk to your artist. I am getting a tattoo on Saturday and we have discussed where color might look nice, but I haven’t decided if I will have a splash of color or not. Good luck and can’t wait to see it! 🙂

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

ive always liked a splash of red on b/g tattoos so if you would be able to incorporate some red, it would be dog gonned swell.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
yodaddynukka;108536 wrote:
ive always liked a splash of red on b/g tattoos so if you would be able to incorporate some red, it would be dog gonned swell.

Agreed I think that would be neato

Panter
Participant
@panter

Cool concept, looking forward to seeing it finished 😎

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I really like these. They will look good with or without colour.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

cool pieces, cant wait to see them

GroH
Participant
@groh

Nice!! I also agree that some red might be great.

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Ah! You guys were reading my mind! I was in the shower this morning thinking about and I thought that having the roods blood red and having it fade to black would be cool. It kind of reinforces the idea behind the tattoo too. Thanks a bunch!!!

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

I agree, red is cool. I have a black tattoo with just one red character on it, looks great.

You could also use green (or red) in the leaves. Green would sort of give it a spring/re-birth feel and red would be more of a fall look. Just something to think about…

Justanothername
Participant
@justanothername

Awesome idea, I agree the red is a great color to add for your B/G. Good idea with giving the leaves on the tree some red, or even a red eye for the skele. Good luck to ya and post pics when completed!

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

Solid design, like the idea of coloring the leaves or eye as well. I know its not in your image but your could throw a small anatomical heart in the skeleton chest like he is somewhat alive in the tree. Just a thought.

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

I’ve been toying with the idea of having a deep emerald tint on the very tips of the branches. I’ve decided to make the tree have a really spooky feel and want the tree to be a gnarly weeping willow. I’m also probably going to have some skeleton bat wings on it as well and some bats hanging or flying from the tree branches. I just set the appointment for August 3rd. I cannot wait. I’m lucky since he was already booking way into August but fit me in since I was moving. It’ll be a full day sitting. 🙂

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I like the idea of a single leaf or blossom alive, beautiful, and brightly-colored on the tree.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
GrayCatLove;110039 wrote:
I like the idea of a single leaf or blossom alive, beautiful, and brightly-colored on the tree.

Yeah that would look very nice!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.