dolver
@

So I am looking to get my first tattoo and I have an idea in mind and sketched it out. I would definitely need a tattoo artist to rework it, however, I am starting to wonder whether or not it is even feasible as a tattoo.

jBW2L.jpg

The idea is a wave that creates the body of a turtle. Most waves I have seen in tattoos are cartoony or Japanese-style finger waves. I would rather something that was a little truer to an actual wave.

I went to one tattoo artist who said that he didn’t think he was the person for the job (I was very impressed with his honesty). I am planning on looking around some more, but I wanted to post here to see if any of you had any ideas on what needs to be done/what can be done to make this feasible as a tattoo, while not turning it into a cartoon.

Thanks for the help!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

honestly, we can give you all the opinions in thr world but the only one that matters is the opinion of the artist who is going to do the piece.

chose your finest local artist and take the idea to him, I can see this becoming a tattoo……..your first artist of choice was very honest and told you it wasnt his thing…….probably japanese traditional waves are not,

so choose the right person and go down and see him or her in person, I think you will leave with a good sketch and a booking

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.