iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Here is one of my many tattoo ideas. I’ll be getting my first tattoo next summer although not this one. This one will be really special and need a great artist, lots of cash and much more planning.

I was gonna go for a quote from a song as a tribute to my brother who passed away 4 years ago this September. But I decided I’d make it more personal and put the quotes into art. The quote is “The stars in the night, they lend me their light to bring me closer to heaven with you.” So, instead of lettering I decided to get a girl sitting in a field looking above a treeline up at the stars with one particularly bright shining star as if that is the star lending light. Or something along that idea. I’d love some feedback or criticism because I’ve only seen it in my mind and haven’t heard any opinions on it. I’m thinking I want it on my lower back and then I can add more into the “sky”/my upper back although I’m not sure what, maybe it’ll be like heaven and I can add stuff into it.

I was thinking about it today and I decided I like the idea of a wolf in place of a girl. I want a wolf tattooed on me somewhere and I figured I could incorporate it into this piece. I’d want it howling at the bright star and maybe the light reaching down towards it.

I also want to incorporate a full or crescent moon into the tattoo without being too distracting.

I’d love feedback on my ideas and any ideas. Whether you want to amend my idea or take the quote and come up with your own, I’m very open minded. I’d be over the moon if someone wanted to draw up a sketch but I’m not expecting it at all. Thanks in advance! I’m excited to hear the replies.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The problem with my vision is that it’s pretty dark, and I’m not sure that’s exactly what you’re going for with this tattoo. IMO, memorial tattoos should be positive.

I like your idea though, and think it’s tons better than using the lyrics.

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

I completely agree that it is dark but thats okay with me and as I want to expand it upwards, it’ll be like heaven and get lighter. Because the quote is looking towards the night sky it has to be dark to a certain point but I like darker things especially with the counter balance of heaven. I’m not sure what’ll be up in heaven, I’m contemplating a portrait of my brother but I’m not certain. Thanks!

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
iggybuddi;90576 wrote:
I completely agree that it is dark but thats okay with me and as I want to expand it upwards, it’ll be like heaven and get lighter. Because the quote is looking towards the night sky it has to be dark to a certain point but I like darker things especially with the counter balance of heaven. I’m not sure what’ll be up in heaven, I’m contemplating a portrait of my brother but I’m not certain. Thanks!

Wow, that’s pretty deep, Ig. I’m sure that whatever you might end up with it will be very meaningful and thought-provoking. I really hope that you can find an artist talented enough to pull this off, because it will be an amazing piece. Keep us posted, please.

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy

I DOUBT IT WILL EVER GET DONE…. but sounds good tho!

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
DOJAGUY;90715 wrote:
I DOUBT IT WILL EVER GET DONE…. but sounds good tho!

I would never underestimate someone else’s passion without knowing them. Iggy has been fairly active here, and seems pretty serious about the memorial to her brother. If she was talking about some tribal or a Koi or something, I’d call shenanigans, but I feel that her love for her lost brother is a strong motivator. Iggy, if you haven’t gotten this done five years from now, and you stay on this forum, shout me up. I might just do this for next to nothing. What can I say, I’m a romantic at heart.

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Doja, It will take some time but I’ve been trying to come up with a memorial tattoo idea since my brother died. I want something unique and personal and this tattoo ties in so many ideas. Thanks so much Dave,its good to know that i have a real artist supporting my idea. i’ll keep that in mind and FYI not to be rude but Iggy is my brother who died, my username, which is my email, is what i used to call him lol

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy
iggybuddi;90802 wrote:
Doja, It will take some time but I’ve been trying to come up with a memorial tattoo idea since my brother died. I want something unique and personal and this tattoo ties in so many ideas. Thanks so much Dave,its good to know that i have a real artist supporting my idea. i’ll keep that in mind and FYI not to be rude but Iggy is my brother who died, my username, which is my email, is what i used to call him lol

YEAH SORRY man i was in a pissy ass mood. i wish you all the best. the sleeve im workin on now has been in the works for me for about 9 years and im just getting started! i know what you mean…. it just has to be…. right…. yeah thats the word. it has to feel right.

best of luck to you man, couldnt imagine the pain of losing my own brother. get that shit done for the both of you.

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

No worries. Even to me it seems unreal but I know I want it, no matter how long it takes. Right is a good word for it. You need the idea perfected and to have a great tattoo artist.

It was hard losing him the way we did especially being like 13 or 14 at the time but I’ve got some of his dogs that remind me of him every time i see them and life goes on…

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy
iggybuddi;90809 wrote:
No worries. Even to me it seems unreal but I know I want it, no matter how long it takes. Right is a good word for it. You need the idea perfected and to have a great tattoo artist.

It was hard losing him the way we did especially being like 13 or 14 at the time but I’ve got some of his dogs that remind me of him every time i see them and life goes on…

FUCK BRO… MY LIL bro is only 14 right now… im 26 and my parents dont let me see him because of religious reasons… which i think is fucked up but what can you do? he borrows a friends cell phone and calls me once in awhile but its never enough man, like i can never see him…. i hate it…. wow i never talk about my emotions man but you stirred up something in me… if i were to lose him and the fact that i never get to see him…. man that would fuckin ruin me… dont know where im goin with this post sorry guys

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

well religion is fucked up in itself so it definitely shouldn’t separate family. That really sucks. My brother was in Iraq for like 2-3 yrs and then he came out of the marines and it was like “phew, we’re out of the woods now” and then boom, nope i guess not. I get what its like having him around and alive but not getting to be with them at all so sorry and i hope that can change at some point

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy

How did it happen if you dont mind me askin. If you do dont trip ill understand.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

DOJA, Iggy (sorry, all I know you by) is a girl, bro. Also, I really like the feel of calling you Ig. Is that cool?

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy
dave van;90822 wrote:
doja, iggy (sorry, all i know you by) is a girl, bro. Also, i really like the feel of calling you ig. Is that cool?

oh, well thats news to me… Sorry if i called you bro or man or anything….

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

That’s fine with me, Dave. And it was some fucked up gun accident/russian roulette thing or so his wife claims. I have my suspicions since it was just the two of em and there’s no evidence. The two of em had been having some problems right before he died. The police wanted to rule it a suicide but it definitely wasn’t. it was either a gun accident, as she claims, or murder which many of us suspect especially since the way she acted towards us afterwards. Fucking bitch, and now she’s taking advantage of my poor old man. Can’t even contemplate how much i hate her…but yeah i don’t mind

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.