amolasparago
Participant
@amolasparago

A friend and I are looking at getting a new tattoo together. We have a chinese symbol together already with another friend, and we want to just get one for the two of us. Now that we’ve realized that everyone does the chinese symbol crap fresh out of high school and we’re over the thought of them being uber cool, we want to get somewhat matching tattoos, but at the same time not be the same thing. Confusing I know. We’re trying to find a pair of somethings that go together that grabs our attention and would look great as tattoos. If we were all about just getting a random ass tattoo we’d get like peanut butter and jelly tattooed on us as cute little cartoon dudes or something, but we’re not. She’s basically open to whatever I choose because her tattoos are basically just a random jumblefuck. Hers don’t match at all, but I have a nice piece that I’m working on on my back, so I have to find something that will flow with mine. Right now I have kind of a viney thing of flowers going up that covers about 60% of my back, and I’ve just added a sparrow to it as well.

Any ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Krissy

ClarkCSM
Participant
@clarkcsm

Get house cats. They’re awesome. And you can get it under your sparrow, so it flows.

Ya know, circle of life shit.

😀

amolasparago
Participant
@amolasparago

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m the kind of person that is an asshole and makes fun of people with cat tattoos…so that wouldn’t work out too well. I’m definitely not a cat person by any means.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver
amolasparago;81737 wrote:
Right now I have kind of a viney thing of flowers going up that covers about 60% of my back, and I’ve just added a sparrow to it as well.

Any ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Krissy

hi krissy, please post up a pic of your back piece ?

ClarkCSM
Participant
@clarkcsm

I love how you respounded to that horrible, horrible, suggestion and you were still nice about it.

For a serious suggestion, how about another bird? It would go well with your piece and it could be something you both get?

amolasparago
Participant
@amolasparago

I mean…I didn’t want to offend you lol. I was kind of thrown by it because I would expect that on a regular site, but not an actual tattoo forum. I was thinking another bird as well. I talked to my tattoo artist about our night and day thoughts and he said with where I want it he thinks it would be hard to come up with something that will flow with the rest.

There is a picture of my back in my photo albums. I’m not sure how to put it on here though…

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

🙂

amolasparago
Participant
@amolasparago

Well thank you lol. Any suggestions after seeing it?

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500

what about a flower thats losing its petals like from a gust of wind and some petals end up on your friends body?

or a bird on your right shoulder and a bird on her left shoulder, to where it looks like they are playing or chasing each other

idk lol

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
amolasparago;82066 wrote:
Well thank you lol. Any suggestions after seeing it?

Um turn around

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

^…………………………..

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw
reefdiver;82093 wrote:
^…………………………..

dont worry….. im sure buttwheat was joking 😀

amolasparago
Participant
@amolasparago
albert1500;82074 wrote:
what about a flower thats losing its petals like from a gust of wind and some petals end up on your friends body?

or a bird on your right shoulder and a bird on her left shoulder, to where it looks like they are playing or chasing each other

idk lol

The flower petal thing actually doesn’t sound half bad. The only kind of real help that I’ve gotten so far, so thanks

Adler
Participant
@adler

Sorry I’m not really creative with ideas but this seems difficult to get a matching tattoo when you want it to fit with your existing piece and it will be more random on her. Maybe get something on a different part than your back so it’s a seperate concept altogether. Like if you get each others favorite flowers or birth flowers on each other or something like that. Or there’s always the generic split heart where you each get a half or one of you could get a lock and the other a key or something along those lines? I realize these are probably shitty ideas but I thought I’d attempt some sort of feedback.

amolasparago
Participant
@amolasparago
Adler;82151 wrote:
Sorry I’m not really creative with ideas but this seems difficult to get a matching tattoo when you want it to fit with your existing piece and it will be more random on her. Maybe get something on a different part than your back so it’s a seperate concept altogether. Like if you get each others favorite flowers or birth flowers on each other or something like that. Or there’s always the generic split heart where you each get a half or one of you could get a lock and the other a key or something along those lines? I realize these are probably shitty ideas but I thought I’d attempt some sort of feedback.

They’re not shitty ideas. If I was interested in getting a tattoo on a different part of my body it wouldn’t be so hard, but my ultimate career goal is to be an elementary teacher, so having all of my ink on my back is perfect considering that I can wear just a tank top and have it all covered. We’re definitely not into the whole half heart best friends thing though. Too tacky for sure. Thank you though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.