mary toft
@

My mum is turning 60 and she’s spent her whole life being a ‘not that sort of lady’ about tats.

I have loads of them (including a trad ‘Mum’ tribute) and over the years she’s become fascinated with the process, and she’s been toying with the idea of getting one but it’s like a whole new universe to her, she still thinks of them as something for sailors (like her merchant navy dad) and bikers. 😀

As she’s got a milestone birthday I want to take her for a day out to one of my favourite unintimidating parlours in Brighton and get her a small design – I’d like to present her with a voucher and a few starter ideas in her card. Obviously I’d like her to choose her own design but I think a few starter ideas will help her, as there’s so much choice.

She’s very ‘young’ and a bit of a hippy, something that symbolised family, togetherness etc. Or something elegant, like an Angelique. She’s very ladylike.

I think the ritual of doing something young and ‘crazy’ will be the most significant aspect but I’d also like her to love the tat itself.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved, I don’t even know where to start looking!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Go with a tramp stamp classy at any age.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The main thing is to check what size your mum is prepared to goto on her tattoo as this will be the most limiting aspect of the ink.

That said there are many old school tattoos of anchors and roses or hearts etc many of which can be quite small in size.

Take Care
Matthew

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

she’s a hippie……she needs flowers………

google “hippie flower tattoo”…….images

that being said, are you doing this for her or for you ???

Adler
Participant
@adler
reefdiver;79700 wrote:
she’s a hippie……she needs flowers………

google “hippie flower tattoo”…….images

that being said, are you doing this for her or for you ???

Yeah, can’t go wrong with flowers. Also, he asks an interesting question.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
buttwheat;79637 wrote:
Go with a tramp stamp classy at any age.

+1. I like mine – I think everyone should have one!

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

This will probably sound like the dumbest idea ever, but the first thought that popped in my head was a butterfly carrying her first initial.

Adler
Participant
@adler
maniacthw;80927 wrote:
This will probably sound like the dumbest idea ever, but the first thought that popped in my head was a butterfly carrying her first initial.

I don’t like it, but it’s not going on me. A nicely done butterfly (and maybe a flower or something) is fine but I don’t like the idea of it carrying her initial. Maybe a bird carrying a small banner with name or initials if you insist on personalizing it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.