ToonArmy8
Participant
@toonarmy8

Looking for someone to draw my last name “grundy” in a graffiti font to cover my current tattoo on my chest. I would like the g to be lowercase if possible, but im not sure if that would look good. I would like it to be similar to the font of my other tattoo, but again doesnt have to be.

l_94f24b6a82f80253342923738c859ad3.jpg

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

The way I take it, this is a cover up of an existing piece? If so, here is the skinny…if you are trying to cover something with letters, especially grafitti lettering, what you need to look for is complexity. A cover up doesn’t always have to be darker, but the theory is, is that you want to use a series of complex or simicomplex linework to disguise what is underneath. We usually recomend something with hair, feathers, leaves, or scales to cover, however grifitti is not ruled out. you may however do the wise thing, and seriously investigate your artists credintials before investing money on a piece, because you still have some unreputable artists out there that will volunteer their “expertise”, just to make a buck, and you will be left with a very visable piece. IF HOWEVER it is not a cover up, any real artist, should do just fine with that lettering. I was always tought the 3C’s…Color Can’t Cover…keep this in mind, as black ink will always want to try and show through. Hope this helps………..B.

ToonArmy8
Participant
@toonarmy8

Thanks, It is a cover up, so i really appriciate the info, do you know of any artist in Orange County or Ventura County that i should maybe go talk to?

ToonArmy8
Participant
@toonarmy8

Nevermind i just saw you were from Ohio, but again thanks for the info

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

just cover it up with some colored wildstyle. i havent seen any good graffiti ink yet tho. maybe you can try mike giant? he is a legendary writer and does tattoos, but i dont think i seen him do any graf tattoos…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.