Silver82
Participant
@silver82

I have a couple tattoo ideas i could use some help on expanding,

1: I have an emotional attachment to all of my exes, so i’d like a tribal tattoo of each letter set in a neat way, i started out stacking the first three A’s as a sargent’s bands but i have no idea what to do with the E the S and the C. their names are Aubrey, Alle, Emily, Alicia, Clair, and Sam in that order, my idea is to get all of those letters in a tribal tattoo thats hardly recognizable unless i tell someone the meaning behind it.

2: I want a tattoo with the phrase “zu jeden sein leiblich” in a wolf paw. Each word would go in a “finger” of the paw print. The phrase means “To each his own” in german and is based off of my beliefs that a good person is a good person despite some of the choices they make. Its in german because i am very proud of my german heritage and well it’s just alot cooler to have a phrase you believe in in another language :P. my question is, pertaining to those ideas, what should i put in the center?

Adler
Participant
@adler

The ONLY thing I like about any of this idea is the German part since I share that heritage as well. Sorry to sound rude but the rest of this entire concept is ridiculous in so many ways in my opinion. A tattoo for your ex’s, tribal, letters, paw prints!? Come on, be serious. Will there be more ex’s or are you done? Will you need to add to this? Sorry, dumb idea.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

I agree withthe last post in addition
The quote is also bullshit a good person who decides to drink drive and kills someone is a scumbag not a good person fullstop!
I would add that a good person wouldnt want to rub their life partners nose in it by having a constant reminder that others went before.
Also how is it cooler to have a quote in another language?
You may want to rethink the tattoo for one other and fairly major reason
You spealt it wrong!!
jedem sein lieblich mean
FAIL!

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

As I often say it is your body so do as you do but if our opinions matter at all take the two above advices into account. These are not such good ideas and there are a million other things I am sure you can think of to put on your body. I am a fan of creepy but these are even too creepy for me. Do as you do….just three peoples opinions……..

Silver82
Participant
@silver82

Alright lemme lay this out a little better. The wolf paw print is for my love of all canines, i love them do death because i identify with them. And no, if someone goes out and drives drunk and kills someone, they fucked up hard, if they’re really sorry, do the time in jail, and regret it even all the way to the day they die, they aren’t a bad person, they fucked up. People who maliciously go out and murder people are bad people. Regardless the principal is based more off people who got caught up in drugs, have gambling addictions, etc. It’s a very non-judgmental line of thinking and places the blame squarely on motives and character not mistakes or poor choices made. But you’re too judgmental to see that, so i question why you even posted. In terms of the way they connect, it’s my core belief as a person and is how i treat everyone i am introduced to. With my connection to canines it’s would essentially symbolize the path i walk. Social, but alone. Forgiveness, with discretion.

And in terms of the first idea it was really less serious, more brainstorming. because i’ve for a long time wanted to find a way to pay tribute to the girls i’ve dated because they mean much more to me than a good time. all of my exes have symbolized a section in my life where i matured. I dated them because i felt very connected to them, and as such every single one of em still has a place in my heart.

It saddens me to see tattoo “professionals” and senior members dismiss ideas so quickly. As opposed to constructing with the idea, changing small things or offering a different angle, you say no. Is that how you treat people who come into your shop? They come to the counter, say “I would like a wolf paw on my shoulder blade” and you tell them “You’re stupid get out”?

You must all be in the business of tattooing snakes on navy guys or angels/demons on opposing shoulders. You don’t even seem to know what spirituality goes into a tattoo. You’re just artists. drawing on people. shallow, boring, and dismissive.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

So you love dogs and all things canine, thats great but the best you can do is a paw print. There is thread after thread on this forum about using images that are not so obvious. To be honest you havent displayed any of the traits you claim to live by, your social? Your on an internet forum on a Saterday night, forgiveness, really we made comments you didnt like, did you show forgiveness? and discretion, you want to tattoo the initials of all you exes how very discrete!You say you wanted this for a long time how long just out of interest? I asume from you simplistic analysis of a good person you have never lost a loved one to a bad person. Being sorry doesnt make you good, doing good things rather than bad things makes you good. You forgot to make an excuse for the spelling mistake by the way. As for not knowing about the spirituality of a tattoo you are a prick! You want a paw, a misspelt quote in a language you dont speak, a secret list of childhood lays and thats symbolic! I think the tattoo you described is in fact the only shallow and boring thing in this thread and as for dismissive what did you think the search function was for? Oh thats right its not for serious tattoo colecting artists like you so you dimissed it! I may be a troll I am happy to debate that at any time but at least I actually read what was infront of me with an open mind and passed an opinion on it based on my years of life experience and time spent working with tattoos, you could have got 3 people tell you what a great idea you had and by now you would be the proud owner of a dog paw tattoo with a spelling mistake of a quote and a line of initials. You have had a result to my mind you owe me and the other trolls a big thank you rather than your childish excuse riddled rant.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

First, to answer your second post:

Silver82;78255 wrote:
It saddens me to see tattoo “professionals” and senior members dismiss ideas so quickly.

So when you love it and everybody else hates it, surely it’s everybody else that’s in the wrong, no?

Silver82;78255 wrote:
As opposed to constructing with the idea, changing small things or offering a different angle, you say no.

If the entire idea is rubbish, then you can’t be constructive… sometimes you just have to tear the house down and begin anew.

Silver82;78255 wrote:
Is that how you treat people who come into your shop? They come to the counter, say “I would like a wolf paw on my shoulder blade” and you tell them “You’re stupid get out”?

There are actually very few professional tattooists in here and as far as I know none of those who answered you are one. Why do you assume all of us here are professionals?

That being said, if I were a tattoo artist (key word there, artist) I would NEVER accept to put my name behind an ugly tattoo. It doesn’t matter what the customer thinks of it, if the tattoo is wrong in every way, I wouldn’t touch it with a 40ft pike.

Silver82;78255 wrote:
IYou must all be in the business of tattooing snakes on navy guys or angels/demons on opposing shoulders. You don’t even seem to know what spirituality goes into a tattoo. You’re just artists. drawing on people. shallow, boring, and dismissive.

You are a rude little punk, aren’t you? Congratulations on your first infraction.

Now, onto the first post:

Silver82;78187 wrote:
1: I have an emotional attachment to all of my exes, so i’d like a tribal tattoo of each letter set in a neat way, i started out stacking the first three A’s as a sargent’s bands but i have no idea what to do with the E the S and the C. their names are Aubrey, Alle, Emily, Alicia, Clair, and Sam in that order, my idea is to get all of those letters in a tribal tattoo thats hardly recognizable unless i tell someone the meaning behind it.

That just has to be the single most ridiculous idea I have ever heard of. Dude. No woman will ever sleep with you again once you’ve told her the meaning of your tattoo. Nobody likes to be reminded of their significant others’ exes. Getting this idea would doom you to have to add quite a few letters to that list. And speaking of that, you actually think you’re done? There will be no more exes? The next woman will be THE ONE and you’ll be together forever? Pshaw! You better be leaving quite a few holes for more letters in there, and then only collect women with names beginning with the letter that fits the blank spots.

Silver82;78187 wrote:
2: I want a tattoo with the phrase “zu jeden sein leiblich” in a wolf paw. Each word would go in a “finger” of the paw print. The phrase means “To each his own” in german and is based off of my beliefs that a good person is a good person despite some of the choices they make. Its in german because i am very proud of my german heritage

Although there is nothing seriously wrong with the idea (apart from the spelling of course), a single paw will be a ghastly boring tattoo. I realize you’re into tribal and simple tattoos are the essence of tribal, but you don’t have to get something so bland. As most of the people in here are bored to tears with most tribal, you’ll find little help in here on how to better such tattoos.

That being said, I don’t get your thought process on the quote. “To each his own” means that each person right to his or her personal preferences. As you have the right to your opinion, so do we have the right to ours. I actually had to make an effort not to use that line here above in relation to your wanting this tattoo, because it might look like I was being condescending and mocking you.
But how that phrase translates for you to mean that people are inherently good despite some bad decisions, just escapes me. Nothing about that phrase says anything of the sort, and nobody you explain it to would ever understand it.. unless of course you were speaking to stupid people who’d just go “aaah, I see!” if you explained to them exactly why the earth is a flat disc with edges we can sail over and off.

Silver82;78187 wrote:
it’s just alot cooler to have a phrase you believe in in another language :P. my question is, pertaining to those ideas, what should i put in the center?

Wholeheartedly disagree that anything looks good in German (I think it’s the ugliest language on the planet), but this is of course your opinion and you’re welcome to it. To each his own, as they say.

As for the inside of the paw, perhaps choose something else that is significant to you and your heritage? maybe a coat of arms / family crest kinda thing? Or your German family name, assuming you have one?

Have a great day, and happy holidays.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

I am a profesional.
I take tattoos off for a living.
All day I listen to people tell me how it seemed like such a cool idea at the time, how they wished they had looked closer at the stencil before the tattoo was started etc etc.
I dont suppose that means my opinion is worth any more but I just wanted to throw it out there.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Cornishtiger;78262 wrote:
I am a profesional.
I take tattoos off for a living.
All day I listen to people tell me how it seemed like such a cool idea at the time, how they wished they had looked closer at the stencil before the tattoo was started etc etc.
I dont suppose that means my opinion is worth any more but I just wanted to throw it out there.

Sorry Cornish, I didn’t mean to imply that the people who’d replied weren’t professionals in some other fashion ๐Ÿ˜‰

Myself, I’m also a professional. I am an electrician and technical draftsman by trade and profession. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.