santeriababe
@

Hi guys, Im new to the forum. Im looking to get my first tattoo (right now Im planning on it being my only, but ive heard ink is addictive so im not saying never again) and I have a couple ideas. My boyfriend however, is just not that into tattoos, and though he doesnt care if i get one, he just has no interesting input.
right now im wanting to get script on my ribs
saying something along the lines of
“Dance like there’s nobody watching”
because
a. i love to dance
b. im always worried about what other people think and i think its a beautiful reminder to myself to not let that happen

what do yall think?
(sorry, from texas, lol)

also, there are many variations from this quote
and can range from whats above to
“dance like no one is watching”
or “dance like nobody’s watching”
etc.
what do yall think is the best wording?

Adler
Participant
@adler

Sorry but it just seems like everyone wants a damn script tattoo with a life motto. I guess they can be nice but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…if you can come up with an image to represent the words it would be so much more creative and artistically appealing. I would think there would be many designs to represent your dancing. Even a simple pair of dance slippers (if that’s what you wear) would be better in my opinion. Maybe even incorporate some whited out eyes or something for the “noone is watching”, but I don’t know if that would work or not.

JesterPoet
Participant
@jesterpoet

I’m going to have to agree with Adler. I think that down the road, you’ll wish you had gotten something more original.

Obviously you have to go with what suits you best, and maybe this is it. However, I think your best bet would be to find a GOOD artist and designer in your area, and have him/her help you design something much more personal that you’ll be happy with for the rest of your life.

That said… if you decide to go with your original idea, all of those choices are acceptable, but I’d avoid using “there’s.” If you want to use that one, spell it out as “there is.” It will look better.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

I love well executed script (which there are fewer out there than people see) but it is getting played out but do as you do. You have some really good tattooers in Texas that could execute either, text or image. Dancing brings all sorts of images to my head so maybe dance that through your creativity and see what comes forth. Where in Texas are you?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.