Shellie10
@

My german shephard Balto was put to sleep 2 months ago. My whole childhood was with that dog, he helped me through a lot and I want something to remember him by. But I only want something small (either on my wrist or shoulder). There are 3 ideas, a small siloette/outline of a dog with wings. A pawprint with wings and halo. Or third written ‘All Dogs Go To Heaven’ with wings on either side. I’m not sure which idea to go for. what do you think guys?

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

I think they are all pretty generic…
But the paw-print/halo combination is pretty “cute” I suppose.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I have pawprint with wings and halo in memory of my beloved Nova, it is in the centre of my back. Sorry for you loss, your dog was obviosly as special to you as my Nova was to me.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Was there anything in particular you loved about your dog – a favourite toy, collar, or have you considered going a bit bigger and getting a portrait of the dog?

All of your other ideas would (and do work) well – but with all memorial tatts consider every aspect carefully before committing.

For me personally I would go for a collar with all dogs go to heaven on it if I had to do something small.

Take care
Matthew

Yut_yasothon
Participant
@yut_yasothon
Jubakuba;76478 wrote:
I think they are all pretty generic…
But the paw-print/halo combination is pretty “cute” I suppose.

……………………………
I think so………:)

jmechlin
Participant
@jmechlin

i Would get something that reminds me of the dog. If i was gunna get something for ming id get a chewed up car tire (her favorite toy) or something else that makes me think of the good times with her. Just makes it a little more personal.

Silver82
Participant
@silver82

I would go with a full german shepherd with angel wings. Depending on size you could go with a collar with a tag on it that says balto. If that gets too big i like the idea with the favorite toy, but i would put it in his mouth or something along those lines.

Adler
Participant
@adler
jmechlin;76507 wrote:
i Would get something that reminds me of the dog. If i was gunna get something for ming id get a chewed up car tire (her favorite toy) or something else that makes me think of the good times with her. Just makes it a little more personal.

I like this type of idea. I think memorial pieces should bring fond memories and not somber ones. Something that when you look at it you’ll want to smile and not cry. Remember the life, not the death. That’s my opinion.

JesterPoet
Participant
@jesterpoet
Adler;78193 wrote:
I think memorial pieces should bring fond memories and not somber ones. Something that when you look at it you’ll want to smile and not cry. Remember the life, not the death. That’s my opinion.

QFT. This is VERY good advice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.