denton
@

My idea for a tattoo is a rabbit. My inspiration came from this movie poster for Watership Down, which is based on the novel by Richard Adams. Like the poster, the story is both dark but beautiful. It is full of social / political / religious / psychological meanings through the behavior of a group of rabbits going on a journey to a find a new home. Among other things, this tattoo symbolizes the traits of the chief rabbit Hazel: suffering, courage, virtue, trickery, and speed. I think the tattoo would look best with all the elements from the poster except the words: rabbit, grass, tree, and sun. I would also not have the rabbit be black, I think it would be best to have the rabbit be outlined and shaded but of no color. I think a flower would be nice too next to the rabbit but I am a guy… My idea for placement is the back of my leg. What do you think?

watership-down-film.jpg

Image Link:
http://www.impawards.com/1978/posters/watership_down.jpg

inkbyj
Participant
@inkbyj

I think you have a good idea and have put some thought into it. I would look around locally and find a good custom artist to get something drawn for you. A good custom artist should have a pretty extensive portfolio of sketches, drawings, and tattoos for you to look at. Also ask around and talk to people that have actually been tattooed by the artist and check out their healed tattoos.

artyfart
Participant
@artyfart

^^^^^^^ there you go your answer in one lol. very good j

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.