Sheresh
@

I have been through a LOT of hard times in my life, and I have seen and survived things that just shouldn’t happen to people. I have struggled with inner demons that were not my own making, and I have overcome them all, I feel that because of my life’s experiences I am a stronger person, I do not regret what happened to me because it has made me the person I am today.

I want something to remind me of what I came from, the pain, anger, loss, sorrow and torment that I had to endure time after time. But something that will also be a reminder that I am here, today, alive and well, stronger in body and spirit then I ever was and better off because of these things. Something that will reflect that there is nothing that I cannot make it through.

I am Scottish,Irish and Welsh with a little Cherokee Indian thrown in there as well and I am VERY proud of my heritage, I also happen to be a Scorpio too and am very proud of that too.

I am having a hard time trying to come up with something that will reflect all of this, so my heritage/star sign I was hoping could be some idea starters for the rest of you. Placement on my body, I would prefer above the waist, chest or back or stomach doesn’t matter to me, size isn’t really an issue either.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I noticed that no one has responded to your thread. I can empathize with you- I too have seen some hard things in my life. I think the problem is that what you are asking is a question that only you can answer. I can tell you what *I* would get based on what *I’VE* been through but ultimately this is your body, your life and your tattoo. This isn’t really something we can help you with.

I suggest you think on this for some time and come up with something on your own. After you have a basis for an idea, repost and let us add/subtract or suggest other things. What does this struggle mean to you? What got you through those hard times? Make an analogy , “getting out of such and such time was like digging out of my grave”- then you have the basis for a tat.

I hope things are better for you now. One thing I know about life is that the only constant is change.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

My first thought is that life is too short to reflect on the things in our past that caused us pain. I would much rather focus on the positive. That being said, there is also ways to express perseverance. Example, in Japan the Koi is a symbol for perseverance.

From Wiki Answers.
“According to Japanese legend, if a koi succeeded in climbing the falls at a point called Dragon Gate on the Yellow River, it would be transformed into a dragon. Based on that legend, it became a symbol of worldly aspiration and advancement.
More generally, the Japanese associate koi (also known as carp) with perseverance in adversity and strength of purpose. Because of its strength and determination to overcome obstacles, it stands for courage and the ability to attain high goals.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.