Smithm
Participant
@smithm

I was thinking of getting my ribcage on my left side done with a Tree and a verse from the Bible, Psalms 52:8 “But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever.”

I just wanted to know opinions, or maybe other ideas because its a new idea and I’m still not sure whether or not I defiantly want to get this.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Hey 🙂

Idea sounds fine, but if you aren’t sure, it really shouldn’t matter what any of us think.

What other directions would you like to take it in?

Poesy

Smithm
Participant
@smithm

Well, I’m pretty sure I’m going to get this, but I don’t know whether I want it in color or not or how I want the verse incorporated into it. I was thinking just the second half of the verse …”I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever.” written in somewhere.
What do you think?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Personally I really like religious tattoos.

This is a nice site for religious tattoos in general

http://www.religioustattoos.net/Other_Tattoos/index.php.

The idea sounds good but a few things to consider ;

Trees are quite difficult to master in detail so get an experienced artist.

Are you going to have the words burned into the tree and have it surrounded by light? Or are you going to have the verse wrapped around the top/bottom?

Have you considered open palm(s) with an olive branch resting on it with the verse going across the palm?

Have you considered having a tree shaped from the words of the passages?

I am just throwing ideas around as it is a big commitment.

Take Care
Matthew

Smithm
Participant
@smithm

[QUOTE=Sherav;70027

Are you going to have the words burned into the tree and have it surrounded by light? Or are you going to have the verse wrapped around the top/bottom?

That is a good idea, to have “Psalms 52:8” carved into the bark of the trunk maybe, that could look cool.
Thanks Mathew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.