rock7dmc
Participant
@rock7dmc

i know this should be a personal thing, but i need some ideas to help me make a decision. My dad past away when i was in 8th grade and now im turning 17 and his birthday and my birthday are on the same day so im going to get a tat in memory of him.
He had a blue gecko with red spots at the top of his arm, so i was thinking of maybe getting a similiar one but with some writing overtop or underneath. Or maybe the same one but missing a tail since the tail symbolyses regeneration and he is gone from this world for good? Or maybe a tail growing back since he is heaven now and ill see him again. I dont know much about tattoos so i just need some feedback or suggestions. I was also just thinking of scratching the gecko and getting a cross. What do you guys think?

Stu
Participant
@stu

The gecko is personal and more fitting in my opinion – not so sure about the tail bit good idea but wouldn’t look right in the tattoo and having to explain it anytime anyone asked. Crosses aren’t anything these days unless he was religious and meaningful.

Why not do the gecko with fine line angel wings or a halo as a bit different but won’t over power the lizard – as I can’t remember seeing another like it

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I would get the same gecko

rock7dmc
Participant
@rock7dmc

yeah i think im going to get the same gecko, maybe some writing, like his name, or rip, or some dates. The fine line angel wings is a good idea, im going to think on it more, thanks guys

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i like the idea of a gecko tattoo but i wouldnt have it with its tail off incase it looks more like a freaky frog.

i think a nice gecko tattoo possibly placed in the same spot your father had it will make a nice tribute to him

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.